Battlefield V “Day One” Patch Adds Raytracing, Improves Matchmaking, More
Battlefield V doesn’t hit shelves until November 20, but it’s been available to Origin Access Premier subscribers since then 9th, and Deluxe Edition can get started with the game today. As such, Battlefield V has received a “day one” update nearly a week before its full release date – 2018 everybody!
The update’s biggest bullet point is that DXR raytracing has now been switched on, provided you have a new GeForce RTX 2070, RTX 2080, or RTX 2080 Ti graphics card. DICE is also promising improved matchmaking, and fixes to various glitches and oddities, like matches starting with uneven teams.
You can check out the full Battlefield V day one update notes, below:
- Fixed an issue that could result in a very uneven number of players at the start of a round.
- Made improvements to matchmaking with a full squad which should result in less disconnects.
- In some cases, the revive functionality would suddenly stop to function for all of the players on a server. This has now been fixed.
- Further improvements to game client stability have been made.
- In the Airborne game mode, spawn protection has been added when attackers spawn into planes. The planes are no longer as vulnerable to AA fire as they used to be at longer distances.
- Fixed an issue in Airborne where the bomb carriers could finish arming the objective even though they were dead.
- Players can no longer shoot down airplanes too quickly in Airborne, which could result in the attackers not being able to spawn.
- In War Stories, players are no longer able to collect Letters while playing offline due to them not being able to update the persistence counters, which requires an online connection.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon would disappear on the weapon selection screen.
- Fixed an issue in Frontlines mode on Devastation where the bomb in some rare cases spawned inside a wall.
- Fixed an issue which made the menus unusable when cancelling a matchmaking session.
- Fixed an issue with the lens sight alignment on the MP34 weapon.
Xbox One Only
- Improved how the game resumes when using the Xbox One Instant-On function.
- DXR ray tracing can now be enabled with graphics cards that support this function.
Wccftech did a full analysis of Battlefield V’s pre-day-one-patch performance – a further analysis of the game’s raytracing tech, and a full review, is forthcoming.
Once again for those who may be confused…Battlefield V hits PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on November 20. Those who buy the Deluxe Edition can start today (November 15), and Origin Access Premier members have been playing since November 9.