How To Batch Convert Images On Mac OS X Using Preview
Here’s how you can batch convert images in another format using Preview app in Mac OS X the easy way.
If there are a ton of photos you wish to convert to another format, there are a lot of ways you can pull that feat off. For instance, you can make use of a good app from the Mac App Store to get along with the process. But unluckily for the most us, many good batch image conversion apps out there are paid-for, which means you’ll be stumping out a couple of dollars to convert a batch of images in another format. But did you know that you can batch convert images in another format using OS X’s stock Preview app? Today we’ll show you how to use it, and trust us, it gets the job done in a very effective manner.
Batch Convert Images On Mac OS X Using Preview
1. Select all the images you want to batch convert to another format.
2. With all the images selected, right-click and hover the mouse pointer over ‘Open With’ and then click on ‘Preview.’ This will open all the images in the Preview app, with the left hand side representing the thumbnails of the images that have been opened.
3. Select all the images in the left hand side by clicking on one image and then pressing the Command + A key combination on your keyboard.
4. Now click on ‘File’ in the menu bar and then click on ‘Export Selected Images.’
5. Here you can select the format to which you want to convert your images along with the quality and destination where you wish to save them. Once you’ve made your choices, click on the ‘Choose’ button at the bottom right to confirm your action.
That’s it, you’re done. Easy wasn’t it?
We’re certain long time OS X users must be aware of the above mentioned feature of Preview, but for those who don’t, you now know how to batch convert images right on your Mac without having to take the assistance of a third-party app.
Preview is actually a powerful tool if you dive deep into it. And while most of us take the app for granted, there’s a lot it can achieve if you give it a slight chance.
Found today’s featured tip useful? Then you’ll be pleased to learn that more are on their way. Don’t forget to drop your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below as well.