Arma 3 Mod Makes The Game Even More Realistic
If you've ever played Arma 3, or any of the previous Arma titles, then you would most likely agree on the fact that Arma strives to be as realistic as possible, hey it's a Military Simulation game after all. But if you really want to make the game even more realistic, soon you'll be able to do just that, with the mod "ACE3" - Advanced Combat Environment.
If You Want Arma 3 To Be More Challenging Then ACE3 Is Right Up Your Alley
The mod is being produced in a collaboration between three former mod-teams, that have now merged together to create a "team devoted to creating the most comprehensive and realistic gameplay experience for Arma 3". The Advanced Combat Enviorment (ACE) team, the Authentic Gameplay Modification(AGM) team, and the Combat Space Enhancment (CSE) team. Now they are all together and are just known as ACE.
Over at the official Arma 3 forums, the modder 'NouberNou' has posted the announcement of the ACE3 mod. The mod is being built modularly, meaning that the team can focus on separate components as well as the core features.
ACE3 is built modularly, thus a team can maintain its own tailored version, excluding a select number of components that they don't like, or which conflict with other addons. Larger components themselves, like the medical system and other core features also include various customization options, allowing mission designers and communities to tweak the overall experience.
They are aiming to release ACE3 with its "initial release goals" later this month if everything goes according to plan. Currently they have listed the core features as well as some of the additional features, and they are the following:
- Completely new 3D Interaction/Action System
- Performance and reliability framework
- Focus on modularity and customization
- New flexible client and server settings & configuration
- Improved medical system with various levels (Basic/Advanced) focus on gameplay/realism
- Proper & consistent network synced weather
- Wind and Weather Advanced Ballistics
- Captivity System
- Explosives System including different trigger types
- Map screen improvements, marker placement and map tools
- Advanced missile guidance and laser designation
- Carrying and dragging
- Realistic names for vehicles and weapons
- Realistic ballistics/FCS calculated in C/C++ extensions
- Backblast and overpressure simulation
- A fire control system for armored vehicles and helicopters
- Disposable launchers
- Realistic G-forces
- Vehicle Locking
- Realistic Night and Thermal vision modes
- Magazine repacking
- Realistic weapon heating
- Combat deafness simulation
- Improved Ragdoll Physics
- Improved interactions for AARs and ammo bearers
- Adjustable sniper scopes
- No Idle Animation with lowered weapon
- No talking player Avatar
- Jumping over obstacles, climbing over walls and cutting down fences
- Vector, MicroDAGR and Kestrel devices
I haven't played Arma 3 in quite some time, and I'm contemplating picking it up again when the mod is released, if only to give myself a headache over how hard it sounds. If you wish to check out the forum thread, where one would assume any updates would be posted, you can do so over here. And I'll leave you with a short teaser trailer of ACE3.