ARK: Survival Evolved Update Brings Some Nice Additions
ARK: Survival Evolved launched on Steam Early Access last week and it already has reached 450,000 units sold as of a press release.
Studio Wildcard, developers of ARK: Survival Evolved are dedicating next week to Jurassic ARK Week in celebration of the release of Jurassic World.
The latest update for ARK: Survival Evolved is also being coined as the Jurassic ARK content update. Tribes will be getting special features changing how people choose to have them governed between Communism and Capitalism. The update will enable players to carry dinosaurs with a flyer and drop them from mid-air.
You can view some of the patch notes below:
- The Spinosaurus: This gigantic terror of the lakes and waterways is based on the latest research indicating quadrupedal movement and an amphibious nature. Spinosaurus will at last be stalking the many lakes and waterways as an all-terrain mount. Beware his ferocity!
- Limited Edition Jurassic ARK cosmetic item skins can be found in certain predators, including:
Nerdry’s Glasses (found in Dead Dilophosaurus Inventories)
Baby T-Rex Bone Helmet (found in Dead Rex Inventories)
- Tribe Governance Features: Do you want to be a full utopian Communist where everything is shared, rapacious Capitalists with absolute private property, or something in between?
- New Structures: The Metallic Spike Blockade for stopping incoming Dinosaur attacks, and The Food Storage Bin for preserving food over extended periods of time and for turning beef into jerky… mmmm beef jerky!
- Flying Dino Update: Flyers can now carry other dinosaurs, not just humans. C4-Packing Dodo Air Drop anyone?
- Major GPU performance improvements, especially for low-end hardware
- Balancing & performance improvements, new resources, and more.
Other notable Unreal Engine 4 projects include the gorgeous Absention, a new survival horror title inspired by true survival horror greats such as Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness and Silent Hill so fans can expect a mixture of mental challenge, intense gameplay, and immersive environments.
Ad Infinitum is a first-person survival horror adventure set in a surreal world during WWI. It is built on the Unreal Engine 4 and is currently under development for the PC.
Downward is a beautiful first person parkour based, scenery open-world adventure set during the Middle Ages, after that the events depicted in the Book of Revelation of St. John took their course. ARK: Survival Evolved, is a multiplayer first person survival game coming to Early Access in June 2015, with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions planned for 2016.
A talented French artist, known as Koola, has delivered hyper realistic real-time architectural visualizations using Unreal Engine 4.
Taking advantage of both the power and accessibility of UE4, the results of his work have wowed colleagues and has garnered attention from the international press and the Unreal team at Epic. Earlier this year Koola became the very first recipient of the inaugural Unreal Dev Grants program, a financial development fund designed to incentivize and reward innovative projects designed in Unreal Engine 4.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter