Apple announces the iPad 3
To say that the entire tech world was waiting for this day would be an understatement of the year. Apple has officially announced it's newest tablet, the iPad 3. With the iPad 2 Apple successfully raised the bar so high that even quad-core tablets from Android struggled to keep up. With the iPad 3 the bar has been raised even higher. Here's a brief run-down on what the iPad 3 has.
- 2048x1536 display @ 264ppi. 40% more saturation than iPad 2
- A5 chipset. Quad core CPU and GPU. Apple says the A5 is "twice as fast" and the A5X offers "four times the performance."
- 5-megapixel backside illuminated sensor on the back, 5-element lens, IR filter, and ISP built into the A5X chip.
- 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE. Verizon, Rogers, Bell, Telus and AT&T will be the LTE partners.
- Voice dictation
- iOS 5.1
- 10 hours battery life. 9 hours on LTE
- 9.4mm thin. 1.4lbs
- 499$ for 16GB, 32GB is $599 and 64GB for $699. $629, $729 and $829 for LTE
- Available for pre-order from today
P.S Apple is calling this the 'new iPad' so it's not confirmed yet whether it is indeed iPad 3 or not
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter