Anthem’s Cataclysm Event to Remain Playable After Other Post-Launch Acts Cancelled
Anthem’s Cataclysm event was supposed to be just that – an event. A limited-time thing that would come and go and replaced by other events. Well, last week BioWare announced it was abandoning its previous post-launch content plans, which would have consisted of three big Acts, in favor of core gameplay fixes and smaller Seasonal Events. A launch window for the first of these Seasonal Events has yet to be revealed, leaving Anthem’s remaining players without much to do, but thankfully BioWare has a solution! They’ve flipped the “on” switch on the Cataclysm again.
Yes, for the foreseeable future, Anthem players can continue to delve into Cataclysm and earn Crystal to buy cosmetics, although some features, like daily missions and Freeplay events are no longer available. Here’s what BioWare had to say about the move…
Many of you may have noticed that the Cataclysm content is… well… not totally gone. Technically, the Cataclysm event has officially ended, as planned. However, the team decided to leave some of the elements for you to play until the next content release. With that in mind, here’s what we’ve decided to leave open until the next seasonal update:
- The Echoes of Reality portion of the Cataclysm will remain open for you to enjoy
- You will still retain and earn Crystals in the EoR runs
With that said, we know we have some various UI bugs we did not anticipate. The team is working to resolve these. Here are the details you should know:
- We’ll bring back the Seasonal Store later this week, so you can spend the remaining Crystals you have, while you continue to earn them in the content still in the live game.
- Second (and this one is important), your Crystals will not carry over to the next Seasonal Event.
- Finally, Daily Cataclysm Challenges, Story Missions, and Freeplay Events will not remain. Leaderboards will be visible for now, but will not be updated and remain blank until the next event.
Let’s be honest, this is just a Band-Aid, but hey, if you were into Cataclysm, there’s more of it for you to enjoy. Here’s hoping BioWare can get their act together and get the first Seasonal Event out without too much of a delay.
Anthem is available now on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.