Android market gets a facelift and other important updates
Google I/O 2011 is in full swing and one of the major updates shown were the ones done on the Android Market, both on the web and on the phone.
- If you visit the web market you will now see a Top Charts column. Here the top applications by different categories will be placed like Top Free, Top Paid, Top Grossing. This makes it easier to grab the most popular apps.
- Another column named the "Editors Choice" has all the apps which I suppose the Android team loves or prefers or are overall good quality apps. The best developers also get a "Top Developer" badge right next to their name which makes it easier to spot, well, the top developers.
- The maximum size of an app that can be uploaded to the market is now increased to 4GB. This will ensure games no longer have to download data again after installing as is the case with many titles.
- Total number of countries that can now purchase apps has now grown to 131 which includes Pakistan.
- Another enhancement to the market on Android phones is the ability to filter apps by maturity level. This is to ensure children are safe from inappropriate apps.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter