AMD Adrenalin 2019 Software Released, Improves Performance, Adds Streaming to Mobile
Christmas is almost here, and AMD has handed out their annual present for those with Radeon graphics cards. The company has released AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition, which promises to improves stability and performance across the board. The update also includes major additions to AMD Link, which now allows you to stream games from your PC to mobile devices or VR headsets, new software setup advisors, and smaller improvements to existing features like AMD Radeon ReLive and Overlay.
Overall, compared to some past AMD Radeon software upates, Adrenalin 2019 seems like more of an incremental step forward, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing, as last year’s Adrenalin software update was fairly well received. No word on support for DirectX raytracing, but that’s this update’s only glaring oversight. Scroll down for more information on some fo the update’s new features.
(Click image for full resolution)
Over the last 4 years, we have greatly focused on improving our features and performance to deliver the best gaming experience. Starting with performance, we’ve gained up to 15% average performance1 improvement since the last Adrenalin launch.
AMD takes Driver Stability very seriously and has made it one of the core priorities in support of AMD’s Radeon GPUs. We worry about your games and applications, so you won’t have to.
AMD Radeon Advisors
- Upgrade Advisor: tells you whether your system meets the minimum and recommended hardware specifications for your games—and offers suggestions for hardware upgrades if needed.
- Radeon Settings Advisor: helps make sure your system and display settings are optimally configured for the best gaming experience. It can enable a host of recommended settings with a single click.
- Radeon Game Advisor: is a simple, wizard-like tool that walks gamer's through the process of tuning their games for the optimal mix of fluid animation and visual fidelity.
- The ground-breaking AMD Link mobile app introduces Radeon ReLive game streaming, allowing you to stream games and video from your PC to your mobile phone, tablet, or stand-alone VR headset.
- Control Radeon ReLive, monitor PC performance, and play back your gallery videos on your mobile device.
- AMD Link has been redesigned for easier connections and a streamlined user interface, including simple voice commands.
- Free on both Android and iOS devices
AMD Radeon ReLive
- Capture, stream, and share your greatest gaming moments wherever you want to play.
- Radeon ReLive introduces game and video streaming from your PC to favorite mobile or VR device, GIF sharing, instant replays, custom overlays, a broader range of supported streaming services, and support for Hybrid Graphics.
AMD Radeon Overlay
- Radeon Overlay lets gamers take performance to the next level with the ability to monitor, record, and fine-tune their gameplay without ever leaving the game.
- Radeon Overlay provides one-click access to your Radeon Software ecosystem including: Radeon ReLive, Performance Monitoring, Radeon Chill, Frame Rate Target Control (FRTC), Radeon FreeSync technology4, Color Settings, and now Radeon WattMan2, Radeon Enhanced Sync technology, and Radeon Game Advisor.
Radeon WattMan Technology
- One-click auto GPU overclocking2, Auto memory overclocking2 and Auto GPU undervolting
- Expanded UI integration in Radeon Overlay Link and Radeon Settings
- Unlocked Vega DPM States offering ability to control per state power management for Radeon RX Vega series products
- Memory tuning support allowing optimization for memory bound/compute-based applications
- Improved fan control – adjust fan speeds with temperature dependent fan curves and zero rpm fan control
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter