AMD Catalyst 15.9 Beta Driver Released, Brings Optimizations for Fable Legends & Star Wars Battlefront Beta
AMD has just released a new driver with performance optimizations for the Star Wars Battlefront Beta and the Fable Legends benchmark, something that could indicate that the recently tested DX12 could be making its way to the public really soon. The Fable Legends benchmark focuses more on the GPU side of DirectX 12 and is representative of the visual improvements we might see in upcoming DX12 games. The benchmark only runs on DX12, so API scaling comparisons cannot be made.
Some amazing looking screenshots of Fable Legends have been released recently by Lionhead Studios, which can be viewed here. “The development team is hard at work building characters, creatures, quests, and everything we need to bring Albion back to life.” A multiplayer beta will be arriving later in the Fall, and you can sign up at www.fablelegends.com.
The new driver can be downloaded from here.
AMD Catalyst 15.9 Beta Windows Driver
- Star Wars: Battlefront Beta ***8208; Performance and quality optimizations Fable Legends : Includes the latest DirectX 12 optimizations for the Fable Legends: Benchmark.
- Diablo 3 crashes in the Act 2 Desolate Sands area of the game
- The AMD Catalyst Control Center ‘update’ option fails to download the latest driver
- Dragon Age: Inquisition may crash if launched in Mantle mode
- The DirectX® Diagnostic tool does not report DirectX® 12 available on supported products
- World of Warships may crash on some AMD Radeon HD5000 and HD6000 series products
- Assassin’s Creed® Unity may experience minor frame stutter when -AMD CrossFire™ mode is enabled
- Anti Aliasing settings not being retained after changes are applied
- Some BENQ 144hz Freesync™ monitors may lose the signal while uninstalling the driver
- DiRT Rally™ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectX® 11 mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors
- -GTA V crashes on some AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU’s
- Star Wars: Battlefront Bata ***8208; Flickering may be experience if AMD Crossfire is enabled
- Corruption may occur in DiRT Rally™ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled
- A black screen may be encountered on bootup on Windows 10 systems. The system will ultimately continue to the Windows login screen.
- Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PoweDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI cable
- A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K Youtube content
- Elite: Dangerous ***8208; poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode
- Final Fantasy XIV ***8208; Heavensward may crash when run in DirectX 11® mode and borderless window mode
- Some applications may fail to launch on some Mobility platforms when launched in High Performance mode
- Windows 10 driver installation may halt on some systems with an AMD 990FX chipset and AMD CrossFire™ enabled
- Mad Max ***8208; Color corruption is observed when Alt+Ctrl+Del is pressed followed by the Escape key
We will bring you any new information from AMD, as well as Fable Legends and the availability of the benchmark as soon as it becomes available.