T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 also received the VRUEMK2 OTA update earlier released to Verizon and AT&T SGS4 variants. Here is how to root T-Mobile Galaxy S4 on VRUEMK2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Follow this step by step guide to root T-Mobile Galaxy S4 VRUEMK2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Note: This method will only work for Samsung Galaxy S4 M919; for Verizon and AT&T Galaxy S4 rooting on VRUEMK2 Android 4.3, check this tutorial using SafeRoot.
Prerequisites to root T-Mobile Galaxy S4 VRUEMK2 Android 4.3:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Create backup of your important data.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root T-Mobile Galaxy S4 VRUEMK2 Android 4.3 JB official:
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Launch Odin on PC and connect your SGS4 with computer; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In your Odin, click on PDA and select the CF-Auto-Root-jfltetmo-jfltetmo-sghm919.tar.md5 file.
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is. Start the flashing process.
- When the root is successfully done, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
To verify root access, install the Root Checker app and run it on your Galaxy S4.