How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 on Android 4.3 VRUEMK2 – AT&T and Verizon
In November Verizon rolled out the first Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update build VRUEMJ7. The said update has recently been updated with the latest build VRUEMK2 OTA to fix some bugs and stability issues. However, if you have a rooted device and lost the root in the OTA update process, here is a saferoot guide to help you out.
Note: Saferoot guide below works fine on the Verizon S4 SCH-I545 and AT&T S4 SGH-I337, however, we don't warrant that it is all safe. Also, it is not recommended to try this guide on other devices than the aforementioned.
Prerequisites to root Galaxy S4 VRUEMK2 Android 4.3:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Create backup of your important data.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Galaxy S4 VRUEMK2 Android 4.3 JB official:
- Connect your AT&T or Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 to PC via USB cable.
- On your computer, double-click install.bat file to run it.
- You will see command prompt window which will detect your device and automatically run the Saferoot script to root your VRUEMJ7 or VRUEMK2 powered SGS4.
- SuperUser will be installed on your device and on completion it will automatically reboot.
To verify root access, install the Root Checker app and run it on your Galaxy S4.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter