PC/Mac To Get Official PS4 Remote Play App
Shuhei Yoshida (President of Sony Worldwide Studios) just provided some very interesting news on Twitter, confirming that Sony Computer Entertainment is working on an official PS4 Remote Play App for PC & Mac.
Some people asked if we plan to provide Remote Play function to PC, and yes, we are indeed working on an official application for PC/Mac. 😀
— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) November 27, 2015
Remote Play has been one of the biggest selling points of PlayStation 4 since its launch in late 2013, though it’s been limited to PS Vita and a few Android devices so far. Just a few days ago, a developer who calls him/herself Twisted announced to have made an unofficial PS4 Remote Play App for PC.
You can download the Alpha version here, though it’s not free – it costs $10 or £6.50. If you truly can’t wait for the official PS4 Remote Play App, here’s a list of the main features and the system requirements:
Remote Play PC
Remote Play PC is a Windows application currently in Alpha stage that allows you to stream and control PS4 games on your PC. Its features include:
- Stream at full 720P 60FPS scaled to your native desktop resolution
- Dynamic controls – bind any controller or keyboard/mouse to Dualshock 4 controls!
- Connect directly to your PS4’s WiFi! This has previously only been possible on the PS Vita.
- Wakeup PS4 over LAN
- Direct IP connect from anywhere!
- Lower latency compared to Android & PS Vita (may vary depending on PC specs)
Recommended Minimum Requirements
- Windows PC running Vista or newer
- Quad core CPU (May work on Dual Core but currently untested)
- DirectX 9 and OpenGL compatible graphics card
- Internet connection for activation
As someone who plays both PlayStation 4 and PC on the same display, I’m not terribly interested in this, but others may well be. What about you, fellow readers?