Arma III Officially Announced, Storyline, Key Features and Minimum System Requirements Detailed
Arma III, The third title of the FPS series “Arma” has been announced today by Bohemia Interactive Studio. The game is one of the few First person shooters which offer a realistic combat and battle experience. The game is set for release in 2012 and would be a PC exclusive title as always.
Bohemia Interactive also released many new details of the game along with screenshots and minimum system requirements which you can check below:
Operating system:Windows 7 / Vista
Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
Memory: 2 GB
Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
DVD: Dual Layer compatible
Hard disk: 15 GB free space
Other: DirectX® 10
Bohemia Interactive´s CEO, Marek Spanel, explains: ”We’re happy to bring the next generation of the Real Virtuality engine to life. The increased potential of the engine should allow Arma 3 to become our best-looking, most detailed and innovative military simulation game to date.”
Ivan Buchta, Creative Director of Arma 3, adds: ”Our ambition is not only to deliver the next generation of Arma with the improved engine, but also to fully exploit the potential of our new technology in the gameplay. You can look forward to the unique experience of blending sandbox-style combat with a rich story.”
Arma 3, the latest installment of the tactical military simulation game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive, creators of the award-winning mil-sim series Arma.
SURVIVE, ADAPT, WIN
After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions…
SURVIVE in the rich & authentic environment
ADAPT to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat
WIN the open-ended & story-driven campaign
Combining the strength of its predecessors with radical engine improvements, Arma 3 provides a unique experience of sandbox-oriented combat gameplay in the most detailed environment of the series.
- Single-Player Campaign – Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
- Vehicles & Weapons – Control a multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with accurate simulation; shoot anything from pistols to sophisticated weapon platforms.
- Physical Simulation & Improved Animations – Take advantage of PhysX™ supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
- Rich & Authentic Environment – Explore an unsurpassed military combat experience set on an authentic Mediterranean island modelled from real geographic data.
- Multiplayer Gameplay – Experience both cooperative & competitive scenarios with the full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
- Completely Extensible & Moddable – Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
- Customizable Soldier Load – Choose your uniform; assemble your weapon kit; change your load-out; get loaded up.
Title – Arma 3
- Developer – Bohemia Interactive
- Target platform/Platform – PC
- Publisher – Bohemia Interactive
- Release date – Summer 2012
- Website – www.arma3.com