With the Wii U emulator Cemu making great progress in the Zelda Breath of the Wild emulation in a short amount of time, modders started releasing mods for the game shortly after its release, introducing new features and changes. Another one of these mods has been released recently, introducing a very welcome feature.
The new Zelda Breath of the Wild mod introduces a fully functional first-person view mode. These mods usually aren't the best way to experience games developed with a third-person camera in mind, but this doesn't seem to be the case for the latest entry in the Zelda series, as seen in the video below.
This version of the First Person View mod includes 3 different versions that you can choose depending on your likings.
- DefaultFOV is the regular and recommended FOV for both VR and PC users.
- WiderFOV allows to see more around you. It feels really good in VR but it tends to make objects in the distance more pixellated than the other options.
- NarrowerFOV allows to see less around you. It allows the game to be less pixelated in VR, but can sometimes feel weird. It works best for PC users.
- The Camera Rune App and the Slate View won't zoom for some reason.
- You will be inside Link's face during some cutscenes. It's creepy!
The mod can be downloaded by going here.
Zelda Breath of the Wild is now available on Nintendo Switch and Wii U in all regions.