WWE 2K20 DLC to Introduce New “Fictional Realms,” The Fiend Headlines Horror-Themed Pack
When WWE 2K20 was unveiled last week, it was announced the game would be getting regular “WWE 2K20 Originals” DLC updates post launch, but few details about what they would contain were provided. Well, 2K has spilled more information about the 2K20 Originals, and, uh, they’re kind of wacky.
Each WWE 2K20 Originals DLC pack will transport the superstars to a unique “fictional realm” and include a new Showcase, series of 2K Towers, and themed skins, arenas, and create-a-wrestler parts. WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in The Night will launch alongside the game, and features all sorts of horror-themed stuff, including the ability to play as Bray Wyatt’s “The Fiend” persona, a Frankenstein skin for Braun Strowman, and a Showcase that tasks Finn Balor with defeating a version of Bray Wyatt who’s gained full-on Swamp Thing powers. Yup. This is all exceptionally silly, but...I think I might be into it?
“The Fiend” Bray Wyatt playable character
Add the most unsettling Superstar in WWE to your WWE 2K20 roster!
New 2K Showcase
An alternate “Swampfather” version of Bray Wyatt has amassed otherworldly power, becoming an embodiment of the swamp itself. He lures Finn Bálor to his compound to recruit Finn’s Demon into his group of powered Superstars, which he calls his “Family.” Finn is forced to fight in a series of matches against members of Wyatt’s Family until finally, the power within Finn Bálor is unleashed. Exclusive commentary brings the story to life.
Story 2K Towers
2K Towers with full stories and unique versions of WWE Superstars
- “The Fiend” – “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt stars in his own tower
- “All Fed Up” – “Fed-Up” Sheamus is forced to take on some of his former fellow Superstars, who have all become zombies
- “Nowhere to Run” – “Twisted” Nikki Cross looks to “play” with other Superstars in her own twisted game
- “One of the Family” – “The Swampfather” Bray Wyatt decides to bring on one of his past recruits. Can Daniel Bryan avoid becoming one of “The Swampfather’s” thralls?
- “Nowhere to Hide” – “Survivor” Mandy Rose has had enough of “Twisted” Nikki Cross and her games. She’s going to do what she can to put an end to the madness
Horror-themed WWE Superstar Characters
- “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
- “Demon King” Finn Bálor
- “The Swampfather” Bray Wyatt
- “Wicked” Aleister Black
- “Unleashed Apex Predator” Randy Orton
- “Fed-Up” Sheamus
- +2 mystery versions of WWE Superstars (aside from “Survivor” Mandy Rose and “Twisted” Nikki Cross)
- Wyatt Swamp Arena
- Cemetery Brawl Arena
- Dozens of Create-a-Superstar parts
- New Create-an-Arena parts
- New weapons
- New moves
Each WWE 2K20 Originals DLC pack will cost $15, but you can get Bump in the Night for free if you pre-order the game. There will be three additional Originals following Bump in the night, which you get by buying the $30 WWE 2K20 Backstage Pass, the $90 WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition, or by buying the packs ala carte.
WWE 2K20 throws down on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 22. What other ridiculous Originals themes do you think are coming our way? Cowboys? Superheroes? A retro-gaming-themed pack with skins that make the wrestlers look like they're from WWF No Mercy? Sadly, that last one is too good an idea, so they're almost definitely not doing it.