Windows 10 RS5 Gets a New Build – Dark Theme in File Explorer Finalized
While Skip Ahead waits to test the 2019 Windows 10 Preview Builds, Insiders enrolled in the Fast Ring have been in for quite a treat with back to back Builds coming their way. Microsoft has just started rolling out Windows 10 RS5 Insider Preview Build 17733 to Insiders in the Fast Ring. Microsoft said that the company is finished doing what it set out to do for this release when it comes to user-favorite Dark Theme for File Explorer.
Here are all the details of Windows 10 RS5 17733
Dark Theme in File Explorer
With Build 17666 we started our journey bringing dark theme to File Explorer. Today’s build marks the turning point where we’ve finished what we set out to do for this release. Thank you to all Insiders that have shared feedback during this time!
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- Thanks everyone for your feedback about the XAML shadows we added recently. We’re taking them offline for the moment while we work on addressing some of the things you shared with us. You will also notice that the acrylic has been removed from some popup controls. They will be back in a future flight.
- We fixed an issue from recently flights where the touch keyboard might become invisible on the screen.
- We fixed an issue in recent flights where components of a notification with a progress bar (like the one when using nearby sharing) might flash every time the progress bar updated.
- We fixed an issue where on certain devices if you reset your device and chose to keep files, after logging back into Windows the Sound Settings page would be unresponsive.
- We fixed the issue where the High Contrast dropdown flashed when the values were changed.
As we get closer to the public release of Windows 10 October 2018, the changes coming with these Preview Builds are also getting shorter. There are still several known issues plaguing the build, which will hopefully get resolved in the coming weeks.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter