Windows 10 PC Cumulative Update 10586.164 is Now Available
Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 10 cumulative update 10586.164 to the non-Insider users, fixing several issues and performance improvements.
Windows 10 PC cumulative update 10586.164 released:
Following Windows 10 10586.122 which was released last Tuesday, Microsoft has now finally started pushing another update. Last update brought with it several installation troubles for the users. While we have already shared with you how to uninstall and hide a particular update in Windows 10, now you won't have to be worried about your operating system getting stuck in the installation process.
This build is not part of the Insider program, and carrier support label KB3140768. To get the latest update, go to Settings > All Settings > Update & security > Windows update > Check for update.
Microsoft has also rolled out the same release for Windows 10 Mobile, for those on Slow or Production Rings of the Windows Insider program.
What's new in Windows 10 KB3140768:
- Improved support for Bluetooth, wearables, and apps accessing contacts.
- Improved reliability in app installation and Narrator.
- Improved performance for hibernation, content entry in apps, and downloading and installing updates.
- Fixed issue that didn't allow login to an Xbox from a PC running Windows 10.
- Fixed security issue created when attempting to play corrupted content.
- Fixed security issue that could allow remote code execution while viewing a PDF in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed additional issues with .NET Framework, Internet Explorer 11, and networking.
- Fixed additional security issues with Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, USB storage driver, kernel mode drivers, .NET Framework, graphic fonts, OLE, secondary logon, PDF library, and Adobe Flash Player.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter