Second Lot of Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Released for Several Versions (Excluding Latest v1903)
Microsoft has released the second batch of patches for the month of June. Latest Windows 10 cumulative updates are out for almost all the versions, including the October 2018 Update and the April 2018 Update. Here's the list of fixes that today's Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.592 (KB4501371) brings:
- Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft Edge from opening properly in certain scenarios when you select a link within an application.
- Addresses an issue that prevents an application from opening when using the command-line tool (cmd.exe) with the minimum (min) or maximum (max) options.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Calculator application from following the Gannen setting when it is enabled. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Your Phone application from connecting to the internet via a web proxy server in certain scenarios.
- Addresses an issue that causes Windows graphics device interface (GDI+) to return an empty font family name for Bahnschrift.ttf.
- Addresses an issue that causes a device to stop responding periodically when using an East Asian locale.
- Addresses an issue that cause the mouse pointer to disappear when using a Citrix Remote PC to connect to a Citrix XenDesktop Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) session. For more information, see XenDesktop 7 Remote PC explained.
- Addresses an issue that may cause a mouse press and release event to sometimes produce an extra mouse move event.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the UI to stop responding for several seconds when scrolling in windows that have many child windows.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Windows Media Player to close unexpectedly when playing media files in a loop.
- Address an issue that prevents SharedPC policies from migrating properly during an upgrade.
- Addresses an issue that creates duplicate profile folders during an upgrade if the profile folders have previously been redirected.
- Addresses an issue that allows users to disable the sign-in background image when the "Computer\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization\Prevent changing lock screen and logon image" policy is enabled.
- Addresses a desktop and taskbar flickering issue on Windows Server 2019 Terminal Server that occurs when using User Profile Disks.
- Addresses an issue that causes a loss of audio when Windows hasn't been restarted for more than 50 days.
- Addresses an issue with evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Internet of Things (IoT) devices from activating after the installation of an earlier cumulative update package.
- Addresses an issue that fails to update a user hive when you publish an optional package in a Connection Group after the Connection Group was previously published.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent a provisioning package from being applied correctly in some situations when it’s used to invoke the CleanPC configuration service provider (CSP).
- Adds support for a customer configurable safe list for ActiveX controls when using Windows Defender Application Control. For more information, see Allow COM object registration in a Windows Defender Application Control policy.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a user from signing in to a Microsoft Surface Hub device with an Azure Active Directory account. This issue occurs because a previous session did not end successfully.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent Windows Information Protection (WIP) from enforcing encryption on a removable USB drive.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Microsoft Edge and other Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications to display an error when attempting to print. The error is "Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem. 0x80070007e."
- Addresses an issue that prevents an antivirus filter from attaching to DirectAccess (DAX) volumes.
- Addresses an issue that causes Disk Management and DiskPart to stop responding when presenting some removable disks to Windows.
- Addresses an issue with resetting a PC.
- Addresses an issue that may occur when repairing Storage Spaces.
- Addresses an issue that triggers a Group Policy update even when there are no policy changes. This issue occurs when using the client-side extension (CSE) for folder redirection.
- Enhances isolated browsing when using Windows Defender Application Guard in Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses an issue that causes Office 365 applications to stop working after opening when they are deployed as App-V packages.
- Addresses an issue with programmatic scrolling in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addresses an issue that may display the error, “MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it.” when you try to expand, view, or create Custom Views in Event Viewer. Additionally, the application may stop responding or close. You may also receive the same error when using Filter Current Login the Action menu with built-in views or logs.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Realtek Bluetooth radio drivers to not pair or connect in some circumstances after installing the May 14, 2019 update.
Updates are also out for version 1803 (KB4503288 - Build 17134.858), version 1709 (KB4503281 - Build 16299.1237), version 1703 (KB4503289 - Build 15063.1897), and version 1607 (KB4503294 - Build 14393.3053). There is nothing available for the latest Windows 10 May 2019 Update yet; we will keep this space updated once patches are out for version 1903, as well.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter