Windows 10 1903 Finally Available for Slow Ring Insiders – Still Impacted by GSOD
Microsoft usually starts shipping out Insider Preview Builds to the Slow ring after the first few builds make their way to the Fast ring. However, those in the Slow ring continued to wait for the upcoming Windows 10 1903 (19H1 branch) builds despite the development process having almost reached the finish line. That changes today as the Windows maker has made the first Preview Build for the Slow ring available today.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18342 was released to the Fast ring last week. Insider Preview Build 18342.8 is now available to those in the Slow ring who choose to avoid dealing with the initial bug-infested builds.
Some issues persist, but you can still get Windows 10 1903 Preview Build 18342.8 in most cases
It was previously noted that the Slow ring wasn’t receiving any builds due to a blocking bug. Microsoft has today said that it has put in place “an upgrade block for users of the most common games that are impacted by the GSOD.” However, you can choose to uninstall the affected games to get the update.
The company added that “PCs with the base language ZH-CN” will also not “receive this update due to an issue that’s causing many common Chinese games to crash on launch.” PCs with Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 and Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 will also not receive this update due to an issue with Connected Standby.
You can read more about what the Windows 10 1903 Insider Preview Build 18342 brings over in our earlier post. Worried about bugs? Here are all the Windows 10 1903 Build 18342 known issues:
- [ADDED] Users may experience intermittent crashes when attempting to use the Windows Sandbox functionality in this build. A fix is available and will be released in a future update.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- While we’ve done some work to improve night light reliability in this build, we’re continuing to investigate issues in this space.
- When performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled the user will need to initiate an extra reboot to ensure Reserved Storage is working again properly.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
- Mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
For more details, head over to the official blog post.