Microsoft Almost at the Finish Line of Windows 10 1903 Development – New Build Is Out
Windows 10 Insiders in the Fast ring are today receiving a new Preview Build from the 19H1 branch. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18346 brings no new changes whatsoever and focuses solely on general fixes and improvements. Microsoft is expected to finish the development process in the coming weeks before Windows 10 19H1 (version 1903) is delivered to the public.
As reported earlier, the company has been facing a hard time with making Windows 10 users install version 1809. Microsoft would want to make sure this upcoming version is as stable and bug free as possible to earn back some user trust.
Here are the fixes that are coming with today’s Windows 10 Preview Build:
- We fixed an issue which caused the Bluetooth Hands-Free audio driver to hang.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders not being able to access the Quests section of the Feedback Hub.
- We fixed an issue that could cause Settings to crash if you clicked “Pick your insider settings” button under Windows Insiders Program Settings.
- We fixed an issue where the PowerShell .GetType method was unexpectedly returning error “out-lineoutput : The method or operation is not implemented”.
- We fixed an issue where in certain languages if you pressed WIN+V before having opted into clipboard history the clipboard history UI would be truncated.
- We fixed an issue with the new Adlam keyboard resulting in not being able to type certain common words.
- We fixed an issue where, when typing Vietnamese, the touch keyboard was auto-capitalizing ever word in certain apps.
- We fixed an issue where, when friendly dates were enabled in File Explorer, in certain languages (such as Japanese and Chinese) Insiders would see the wrong day name displayed.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected and non-functional Family Safety icon in the notification area of the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the taskbar search box text becoming black on a black background.
- We fixed an issue where Start menu would crash when using Narrator to navigate pinned folders in Start.
Known issues with Windows 10 1903 Insider Preview Build 18346
There are still some crippling issues affecting the Windows 10 version 1903. Some of these are the reason why these preview builds haven’t made their way to the Slow ring yet. Following are all the known issues that are yet to be addressed:
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Please note that while we’ve made some improvements to night light reliability in this flight, we’re continuing to investigate reported issues in this space.
- For display calibration scenarios, monitors may be missing in the built-in Color Management application. As a work around, please use the Settings app to select color profile instead, under the Display Settings page.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
- Mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
For more details, head over to the official blog post.