Update LG G2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat without Losing Root – How to
As shared with you LG G2 is getting updated to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. If you did not opt for OTA update and want to update while still having root access, here is how to do it. You can still have access to the root while updating to the latest Android offering. The following LG G2 models are compatible with this guide:
- AT&T LG G2 D800
- T-Mobile LG G2 D801
- Open LG G2 D802
Prerequisites to update LG G2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Backup any important data from your LG G2 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with TWRP recovery tool version 220.127.116.11 or higher.
- Your LG G2 must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: This guide is only for LG G2 D800, LG G2 D801, and LG G2 D802; please don't try it on other devices or models.
How to update LG G2 to Android 4.4.2 without loosing root:
Required files: Download latest SuperSU from here: SuperSU.zip. Below are the required files that you have to download according to your carrier:
- AT&T G2 D800: D800_Stock_KK.Zip - Mirror; also download Google Wallet Fix only for AT&T G2: D800_wallet_fix.zip
- T-Mobile G2 D801: D80120a_KK.Zip - Mirror
- Open LG G2 D802: D802_Stock_KK.Zip - Link1, Link 2
Copy the SuperSU, ROM files and Google Wallet Fix for AT&T on your G2; and follow these steps to update LG G2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Boot LG G2 into TWRP recovery mode.
- Perform wipe data operations: from the recovery menu, tap Wipe > Advanced wipe. After it, wipe Dalvik cache > System, Data, and Cache.
- Go back TWRP main menu and tap on the Install button.
- Navigate to and locate the ROM file and select it. Swipe the confirmation slider to start the flashing process.
- For AT&T users: once ROM is flashed, hit Back and install the wallet fix zip file too.
- Once Android 4.4.2 is flashed, go back and flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx.zip file too.
- Once done, reboot your LG G2 from Reboot > System.
Ta da! You just got your T-Mobile, AT&T or open LG G2 the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat while preserving the root access!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter