Update Galaxy Tab 3 P5210 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMFA Official Update
The WiFi variant of the Galaxy Tab 3 can now be updated to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMFA official update. The official update is available OTA in selective regions. If you have received the update then you can upgrade your tablet from KIES or OTA. But in case you have a rooted tablet - in which case you can't receive official updates - or if your region still hasn't got it then follow this guide to update your Tab 3 P5210 to official XXUAMFA Android 4.2.2 update manually.
What to check before you update Galaxy Tab 3 P5210 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMFA official:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 3 P5210 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Development to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Tab 3 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to update Galaxy Tab 3 P5210 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMFA official:
Required files: download official XXUAMFA Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Tab 3 P5210 and Odin 3.07 in your PC. Extract the firmware file and you will get a .tar.md5 file. Unzip Odin and install it on your computer.
- Switch your Galaxy Tab 3 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Menu and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Run Odin .exe as an admin on your PC and connect your Tab 3 P5210 with your computer using the USB cable. Once connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA on Odin, select the update file and hit the Start button
- Once installation is successfully completed; Odin will show you a PASS message and Galaxy Tab 3 will reboot automatically.
Note: if your device gets stuck in a boot loop then boot it in recovery mode by following the method above. From recovery you need to select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition. Then select +++go back+++ and reboot system now.