If you want to manually update Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 to XXUBNE9 Android 4.4.2 KitKat, this tutorial will help you out. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Wi Fi has received the latest KitKat update in France, however, you can use this guide to flash T310XXUBNE9 on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 in any other region too.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 to XXUBNE9 Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Tab 3 carries more than 80% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 to XXUBNE9 Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Wi-Fi off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on AP on Odin, locate the T310XXUBNE9 .tar.md5 firmware file; check everything and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.