Slim Bean is a very popular custom ROM since it is based on few of the most famous custom firmwares such as, CM10.1, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid. This custom firmware brings a mixed bouquet of the fan favorite features of those custom ROMs. The latest Slim Bean build 7 has been released with the latest version of Android, the 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. If you haven't yet upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.2.2 JB, then this might just be the good time to do it!
Prerequisites to check before you update Galaxy Note N7000 to SlimBean Build 7 Android 4.2.2 JB:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note N7000 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to update Galaxy Note N7000 to SlimBean Build 7 Android 4.2.2 JB :
Required files: Download Slim Bean build 7 4.2.2 JB custom ROM firmware from here on your computer. Do not extract the contents of the zip file. Also, download GApps package for Android 4.2.2 from here.
- Connect your Galaxy Note to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect your Samsung Note N7000 and power it off.
- Now boot it in to the CMW recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Nandroid backup: select Backup and Restore option to perform the Nandroid backup of your current OS.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Find the Slim Bean 4.2.2 build 7 jelly bean file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
- Wait until your phablet boots in to the new Slim Bean ROM!