Tales from the Borderlands is an upcoming latest addition to Telltale Games' collection of unique graphic video game titles. The developer decided to bring its unique style of storytelling and episodic graphic gameplay into the world of Borderlands, an illustrious action role-playing first-person shooter video game by Gearbox Software.
Tales From the Borderlands Screenshots Give First Peek at The Game - Details Revealed by the Developer
Little is known about Telltale's Tales from the Borderlands. The release date and platforms for the games have not been announced yet. Although we know that this downloadable episodic title will be available for purchase this summer. Some new details about the game along with a few screenshots have been posted on PlayStation Blog by Telltale Game's producer Adam Saresohn.
Tales from the Borderlands takes place after the events of Borderlands 2. The game will feature existing characters in the Borderlands world along with some new additional characters. As stated by Gearbox head Randy Pitchford, some of the new characters in Tales from the Borderlands will be "wanna-be Vault Hunters." The two new characters in the game are, the con-artist Fiona and data-miner Rhys. Both of these new characters have their own role in the game.
Recently, Sony gave first peek at Tales from the Borderlands by releasing a few screenshots of the game along with some new details in a post on PlayStation Blog. Along with some characters and pricing details, the post specifically explains why the franchise holder decided to make a Borderlands game that is not a first-person shooter.
"If you pause to take a breath between shooting everything in sight and stealing your buddies' loot in multiplayer, you'll know that Borderlands features some amazing characters and stories in a world that's rich in dark humor. Handsome Jack, Claptrap, Tiny Tina, Angel, Moxxi, Zer0... it's a big list. We are all about compelling characters and stories, and we see an amazing opportunity to build on what Gearbox has created," reads the post.
Below are the main details revealed in the post about Tales from the Borderlands :
- The loot you grab in Tales will be available to use in other areas of the Borderlands franchise.
- It’s an episodic series that’ll be $4.99 per episode (or you can save with the Season Pass).
- Your choices matter and will help create YOUR version of the story across the season.
- The series takes place after the events of Borderlands 2. Handsome Jack is gone. Or is he? You might have seen the trailer we put out a while back.
- You’re going to play two different viewpoints. Rhys works for Hyperion; he’s a company man with grand ambitions that have been thrown off the rails. Fiona is a fast-talking con artist, with very few people left on Pandora she hasn’t swindled one way or another.
- They both have a very different opinion of the events that brought them together, and the only way to find out something near to the truth is to live their lives and make your own decisions.