SteelSeries Intros New Gaming Mouse – Kana, Kinzu V2 Pro Edition and Kinzu V2
SteelSeries, the leading manufacturer of premium-quality, competitive gaming peripherals, today at the start of the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, introduced a new line-up of gaming peripherals. Kicking off the mouse category for SteelSeries in 2012 is the SteelSeries Kana, also known as the Designed by Gamers mouse; and two editions of the new version of the SteelSeries Kinzu, the SteelSeries Kinzu v2 and SteelSeries Kinzu v2 Pro Edition.
The SteelSeries Kana mouse was introduced to SteelSeries fans in the Designed by Gamers Campaign as Mouse 1.1, which gave more than 300,000 gamers the design choice and where 60,000 “Likes” determined the winning Black 1.1 design.
“With the Designed by Gamers campaign, it was the first time we asked our fans and followers to choose a design for us, and we were incredibly proud to see the response from the community – it makes sense that consumers, specifically our consumers want to have a say in what we’re creating, said Kim Rom, SteelSeries CMO. “This new line-up of mice were each designed to fulfill the needs of different types of players, especially those who may not need all of the customization that can be found in the SteelSeries Sensei.”
The SteelSeries Kana, Kinzu v2 and Kinzu v2 Pro Edition are all powered by the SteelSeries Engine. It allows users to customize the mice with the ability for unlimited profiles, program buttons, set the polling rate, create macros, customize CPI settings, optimize your layout by recording movements and viewing a heat map of button usage and more.
The SteelSeries Kana features:
- Ambidextrous shape with an optimized 6-button layout
- Tournament grade optical sensor 3600 Frames Per Second and supports stable movement speeds at 130 Inches Per Second.
- Illuminated scroll wheel with LED intensity options that can be assigned to indicate the currently active CPI profile.
- DCPI is 1600-3200
- Two XL-sized side buttons (one on each side) for easy rapid-fire
- UPE Teflon mouse feet and a double-braided nylon cord with 2.0 USB connector
- Two color and illumination options, White 1.1 and Black 1.1
Available now on the SteelSeries Web Shop and select retailers, the SteelSeries Kana is $49.99 / €49.99 MSRP – http://steelseri.es/kana.
Rom adds that, “The Kinzu v2 and Kinzu v2 Pro Edition are for players who don’t want anything more than minimal buttons and functionality, but that recognize minimal still means quality and precision.”
- Tournament-grade Omron button switches which are recognized by the industry and the community as reliable, high-end hardware components that deliver ‘best-in-class’ performance and feedback.
- Ambidextrous shape with 4-button layout including the CPI toggle
- Tournament grade optical sensor operating at 3600 Frames Per Second
- Supports stable movement speeds at 65 Inches Per Second.
- UPE Teflon glides and a double-braided nylon cord with 2.0 USB connector
- Three color options: Glossy Black, Metallic Silver and Red
Available now on the SteelSeries Web Shop and select retailers, the SteelSeries Kinzu v2 Pro Edition is $44.99 / €44.99 MSRP – http://steelseri.es/kinzuv2pro.
- Identical features as the Kinzu v2 Pro Edition, with the exception of the Tournament-grade Omron button switches.
- Four color options including: Rubberized Black, White, Orange, and Yellow
Available now on the SteelSeries Web Shop and select retailers, the SteelSeries Kinzu v2 is $39.99 / €39.99 MSRP – http://steelseri.es/kinzuv2.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter