Skyrim’s Enderal Total Conversion Launching Shortly on PC, Featuring 30-100 Hours of Gameplay
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim owners are about to get a free total conversion mod called Enderal, developed non-commercially by German team SureAI (you may know them for the Oblivion mod Nehrim: At Fate´s Edge).
Enderal will be released in German language on July 1-3, with the English language scheduled to become available a few weeks later. According to the makers, it offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.
Here's a recap of the most important features:
- An open world with its own lore and hand-crafted, detailed and diverse landscapes (desert, heathlands, forests, jungles, mountains and more)
- An unconventional story with psychological and philosophical undercurrents
- German and English localizations, both fully voiced by dozens of speakers, many with a professional background
- Multi-faceted, believable characters with own ambitions and motivations
- Overhauled gameplay with experience points, survival mechanics and hard, challenging combat
- An overhauled skill system with classes and new special abilities
- A housing system allowing the player to design their own homes
- 30 to 100 hours of expected playtime
According to SureAI, the game world will be smaller than Skyrim's with fewer quests. However, the developers are confident that the depth of the story and complexity of characters in Enderal both surpass those found in recent Elder Scrolls titles. There are also plenty of differences in game mechanics: some armor sets may yield set bonuses when multiple pieces are worn; Skyrim's levelling mechanics has been replaced with traditional experience points and skill books; level scaling and randomly spawning enemies have been removed.
Finally, you'll find several different climates in Enderal. The team also answered on Twitter that the compatibility with Skyrim Remastered (due on October 28) will be verified once that version is released.
Until Skyrim Remastered, Enderal could have only been played on PC. However, if the mod proves to be compatible with Skyrim Remastered there's a chance that it could make it to consoles as well.
Check out the launch trailer below.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter