Set Safari On Mac To Show Full Website Address In URL Bar – How To
Here's how you can set Safari for Mac OS X to display the full website address in the URL bar (Smart Search Field) all the time.
You Can Easily Set Safari To Display The Full Website Address In URL Bar
Safari for Mac OS X is an extremely powerful Web browser in terms of security and speed, but there are some things out of the box that seem to not fit for certain users, including me. Such as why Safari shows only a part of the URL in the address bar rather than the whole thing. If you find this 'feature' to be annoying, then you can set Safari to display the full URL in the address bar by flicking a simple option. In today's guide we'll show you how to do just that, so jump right in!
1. As obvious it may sound, launch the Safari Web browser on your Mac.
2. in the menu bar, click on the entry labelled 'Safari.' It's right next to the 'Apple' logo on the top left.
3. Now click on 'Preferences.'
4. A new window will now open up with tabs at the top. Click on the 'Advanced' tab.
5. See the option labelled 'Show full website address' at the top? Simply click to 'check' it. Close the Preferences window once you've made the change.
From here on in you'll notice that Safari now shows the full website address in the URL bar at the top. You no longer have to click on the URL itself to view the full address of the website you're visiting.
We're certain Apple went down with hiding the complete URL in the address bar to give Safari a much more cleaner look. While we do agree with their decision, somewhat, but a full URL gives the user a better sense of navigation, giving clues to where they are on a certain page or website.
As we mentioned before, Safari is a powerful browser on the Mac and trumps the competition in a lot of ways. But, there are things about Apple's offering that don't seem to make much sense, while others are a godsend. And with every release of OS X, the browser keeps on getting better and better, with a long way to go before it becomes the go-to place for every Mac user out there.
Did you find the above guide useful? Then do not forget to share your thoughts about it with us in the comments section below.