[Rumor] Nintendo’s Next-Gen Console And Handheld Specifications Leaked – Prototype Testing In Process
We recently reported that there are several rumors circulating on the web regarding Nintendo's work on next-gen console. The most possible assumption was that Nintendo's new project is the development of a next-gen living room console as the company is having great troubles with the Wii U, a console that is stuck between previous (seventh) and current (eighth) generation of gaming consoles. But according to the latest rumors, Nintendo is working on both next-gen console and handheld gaming system. Possible specifications of both the systems have also been leaked.
Nintendo's Next-Gen Console And Handheld Specifications Leaked - Prototype Hardware And Software Testing In Process
It is no secret now that Nintendo has apparently started working on the next-gen console and in reality it is not much of a surprise too, taking that it takes years to develop a new hardware, most companies start the work on their next product only in an year or two after launching a new one. There is no solid evidence or official confirmation about the development of Nintendo's next-gen console and apparently there is not going to be any, yet it is certainly clear that work on a new console has already begun in the company's headquarters.
Of course Nintendo have just started to plan the next-gen console so it means that nothing that comes out about the details, specifications, plans, design etc. of the next-gen console is not precise or firm but new rumors or information is worth giving a look at. GaminRealm has revealed the most interesting news concerning Nintendo's next-gen console, actually new reports suggest that Nintendo is working on both next-gen living room console and handheld console and GaminRealm has revealed the possible initially planned specifications of Nintendo's next-gen gaming systems.
According to GaminRealm, the leaked specifications of the Nintendo's new machines were given to the site by an associate although the site takes no responsibility of the leaked specifications to be precise or even true. The anonymous associate of the site had this to say along with the specifications:
“Before I go into the detail on the Softwear and OS features I overheard, I will like to do a upgraded recap on the specs of both machines. The codename is now “FUSION” and many the R&D want to keep that name for the main console release. The Handheld unit is called the “FUSION DS” while the home unit is called “FUSION TERMINAL.”
- CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
- COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
- 2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
- Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
- Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
- Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
- 2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
- Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
- 2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
- Multi-Array Microphone
- A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
- 3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
- NFC Reader
- 3G Chip with GPS Location
- Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
- 16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigbytes)
- Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
- SDHC “Holographic Enhanced” Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
- Mini USB I/O
- 3300 mAh Li-Ion battery
- GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
- CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
- Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
- MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAME KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
- 802.11 b/g/n Wireless
- Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
- 2 USB 3.0
- 1 Coaxial Cable Input
- 1 CableCARD Slot
- 4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads or 4 DSc
- Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot.
- 1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
- Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
- Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
- Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage.
GaminRealm also reported that according to its source, Nintendo has already entered the prototype testing phase, the manufacturer has created prototypes for both its next-gen consoles and now it is working on a demo software to test the prototype hardware. According to the source:
“Nintendo has already begin making demo software for the targeted prototype hardware in efforts to curb the Wii U mistake in the software pipeline (they started creating software after prototyping and were unable to give major software push the first two years as a result). Nintendo plans to make most of the software prototypes into games and applications around the launch of the unit.”
Microsoft also started planning Xbox One only few years after the launch of Xbox 360 but it still took over eight years to complete and launch the new console. Nintendo is also working on its next-gen consoles but the question is, what could be the possible time of arrival of Nintendo's consoles? The manufacturer's current Wii u console is continuously coming low on charts and does not have enough power to compete with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. If Nintendo wants to play a real role in next-gen consoles race, then it has to come up with something new.