NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB GDDR6 Graphics Card Review – The Best SUPER Card Yet!
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER Gaming XNovember, 2019
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER Gaming X ($179.99 US) Overview
The MSI GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER Gaming X is the top variant within MSI's GTX 1650 SUPER series family. This graphics card utilizes the most advanced version of the iconic Twin Frozr cooling system known as the Twin Frozr VII. This graphics card is available in the market for $179.99 US right now which makes it $20 US more expensive than the reference MSRP which is not that big of a difference for a fully custom design with a cooler that seems to look and perform great too. The good thing with this graphics model though is that it excels upon the standard reference models in all possible ways.
In terms of specifications, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER features 1280 CUDA cores, 80 TMUs, and 32 ROPs. The Turing TU116 die used on the graphics card is based around a 12nm process and has a die size of 284mm2. The core clocks for the card are maintained at 1530 MHz for the base clock and 1725 MHz for boost clock. The MSI Gaming X model is clocked up to 1755 MHz (boost) which will be providing better gaming performance than the reference model.
The chip packs a total of 4.0 TFLOPs of FP32 compute power. The cards feature a 4 GB GDDR6 memory interface running along a 128-bit wide bus interface that delivers 192 GB/s bandwidth. The reference model is powered by a single 8 pin connector and has a TDP of 100W.
The Gaming X design is built upon the foundations of the previous Gaming X layout with dual Torx 3.0 fans that come with Zero Frozr technology and the dispersion fan blade design, allowing higher airflow to reach the heatsink underneath the shroud. The card features a custom 4+2 phase power design on the PCB and is powered by a single 8 connector. The custom PCB is fitted with an anti-bending bracket which offers better durability.
Following are some of the features of the MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Gaming X before we go into detail:
- Boost Clock / Memory Speed
1755 MHz / 12 Gbps
- 4GB GDDR6
- DisplayPort x 3 / HDMI x 1
Twin Frozr 7 Thermal Design
- TORX Fan 3.0
- Dispersion fan blade: Steep curved blade accelerating the airflow.
- Traditional fan blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heat sink below.
- Mastery of Aerodynamics: The heatsink is optimized for efficient heat dissipation, keeping your temperatures low and performance high.
- Zero Frozr technology: Stopping the fan in low-load situations, keeping a noise-free environment.
- A consolidated platform that offers all software including MYSTIC LIGHT functionality for your MSI Gaming product.