KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EX GAMER BLACK 8 GB Graphics Card Review – The Triple-Fan Juggernaut
KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EX GAMER BLACKAugust, 2019
Conclusion - KF2/GALAX Unleash Their Triple-Fan Juggernaut For RTX SUPER
The triple-fan EX GAMER Black from KFA2 is another custom variant added to the several designs that we have seen for the NVIDIA GeForce RTX SUPER series. KFA2 went ahead by upgrading their EX design to a triple-fan cooler which now features an updated heatsink, higher factory overclocks and some really useful fan-control features.
The card offers a +60 MHz performance boost which can be enabled through the Xtreme Tuner Plus software which is a well-built utility for controlling and monitoring the card. The card at its default clock is also pretty fast at 1815 MHz but if you want that extra performance boost which you definitely should, then a single click of a button can get those clocks running at 1830 MHz.
One thing that I really thought made this card a bit better than the other custom solutions is the fan control section. The Silent Extreme technology lets you control multiple fans at once. The silent profile as mentioned before would spin the cards at lower RPM while disabling one of the three fans. In normal mode, all three fans wouldn't spin unless you're hitting the 60C threshold. You can also set custom profiles as to which you want to switch off during operation. Their operation is really silent which is a plus in my book.
The added performance gives the card enough boost to deliver amazing numbers at 1080p, 1440p and even in 4K with a moderate amount of visuals. The most interesting upgrade to the card is the improved RTX performance that is thanks to the added RT and Tensor cores. The card offers more performance than the RTX 2080 in games when RTX is enabled so if you’re a fan of NVIDIA’s ray-tracing implementation and want your games to look pretty (plus the performance hit), you’d definitely want to get an RTX 2070 SUPER if your budget falls around $500 US.
As for the cooling solution, the large aluminum fin stack with super long copper heat pipes is super good. The direct contact plate does make for efficient thermal transfer but I was hoping that KFA2 would also include an anti-bending backplate which is a common sight on $550 US+ graphics card. With that said, the $559.99 US price is a bit steep considering there are many cheaper options in the market to select from. So as for now, the KFA2 EX GAMER BLACK is a great custom cooled card in their wide selection of RTX SUPER graphics cards that looks great and even comes in a white-colored variant. The 60 MHz factory overclock and the Xtreme Tuner Plus software with awesome fan control really makes this card a well-built option for those looking for a nice RTX 2070 SUPER design.
The KFA2 EX GAMER BLACK is a great custom cooled card in their wide selection of RTX SUPER graphics cards that looks great and even comes in a white-colored variant. The 60 MHz factory overclock and the Xtreme Tuner Plus software with awesome fan control really makes this card a well-built option for those looking for a nice RTX 2070 SUPER design.
- Great performance for 1440p and 1080p Gaming
- Great upgrade from GTX 970, GTX 1070, GTX 1080
- Factory Overclocked Out of Box (+60 MHz over Founders Edition)
- EX GAMER design with brushed aluminum finish looks great.
- Silent Extreme Technology With multiple fan profiles for silent operation
- Great overclocking potential (GPU/VRAM), full tuning options
- Backplate includes heat pads for increased heat dissipation
- RGB Lighting support on the sides are a plus
- Support for real-time ray tracing and DLSS features in next-generation gaming titles
- Good driver support for GeForce products, compatibility with DX11, DX12, Vulkan, OpenGL titles
- Lot's of display connectivity, great for VR and multi-display PCs.
- A bit pricey than other options ($559.99 US)
- High Power Consumption when overclocked
- No Memory overclock out of the box