EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING Review: The Best Dual Slot 1080 Ti Flavor Around
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW32017
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3: Conclusion
The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING is one hell of a card, and quite easily the best variant in the dual slot (11 GHz) category. The build quality is superb and the thermal design is incredible, not to mention it houses 9 temperature sensors to help you accurately monitor pretty much all hotspots. This level of sensory detail and craftsmanship is the reason behind the EVGA brand being preferred by a vast majority of our readers (by our 2017 poll, it came in a close second after ASUS).
At the MSRP of $799, the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING by EVGA is a steal. At the current retail pricing of $1399 however, it becomes a harder sell. At roughly twice the price of the original retail price you are going to be looking at a pretty significant massive drop as retailers price in mining profitability. EVGA has been making sure that supply stays up so this is something that is due to the result of market forces and not something in their control.
While we do not expect the prices to come down anytime soon, we can safely recommend this card. In fact, the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti wins the editor’s choice award. You can buy the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti from Amazon for $1349 or from Newegg for $1399 (ethics disclaimer: These are affiliate links and we will receive a commission from Amazon/Newegg).
- Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. NVIDIA Embraces FinFET With Pascal Graphics Architecture
- 3. EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3: Overview
- 4. EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3: Packaging and Unboxing
- 5. EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3: First-look and Installation
- 6. EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3: Gaming Performance
- 7. EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3: Temperature & Power Draw
- 8. EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3: Conclusion
The best dual slot GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11 GHz) flavor out there on the market and one that we can freely recommend to anyone: provided they can snag it near the manufacturer's suggested retail price of $799
- World class gaming performance
- Fits snugly into 2 slots
- Asynchronous fan cooling
- Great thermal monitoring
- Excellent thermals
- Extremely well built
- Massive price difference between the MSRP and market pricing due to mining demand
- EVGA Precision XOC UI isn't the best designed out there