ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Motherboard Review – Phantom Gaming Replaces The Iconic FATAL1TY Brand
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9October, 2018
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 - Power Consumption and VRM Temperature
The Coffee Lake architecture is meant to improve overall system power consumption and add to the efficiency. In the case of the 9th Gen CPUs, we are looking at refined 14nm++ process which allows Intel to gain improved clock speeds and increase the number of cores within the same power envelope.
With the frequency bump, the new chips do end up with higher power consumption both in idle and load states. The Intel Core i9-9900K when overclocked, breaches the 400W barrier. Even the stock operation is higher than the previous generation flagship which tells that this part has may not be aiming the higher efficiency point as the previous generation parts.
- Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Intel's 9th Generation Coffee Lake Refresh CPU Family - The First Mainstream Chips From Intel With 8 Cores and 16 Threads
- 3. ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Motherboard - Features
- 4. ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Motherboard- Unboxing
- 5. ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Motherboard - Close Up
- 6. Test Setup
- 7. ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 CPU Performance Tests
- 8. ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Discrete GPU Performance Tests
- 9. ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 - Power Consumption and VRM Temperature
- 10. Conclusion - Out Goes The FATAL1TY, In Comes The Phantom