ASRock X299 Tacihi CLXNovember, 2019
ASRock X299 Taichi CLX- Unboxing
The ASRock X299 Taichi CLX motherboard comes inside a large, rectangular-shaped cardboard box. This package is very heavy compared to some normal motherboards but it shows that ASRock has packed a lot of goodies aside from the board inside the box.
The Front has various marketing logos. The board name is listed boldly on the front along with the company title "ASRock". There are other marketing logos that include Intel X299 Inside, Intel Core-X series, NVIDIA SLI, AMD Crossfire, RGB LED and Intel Optane Memory support. The whole box has a mechanical gear theme that reflects the symbol of Taichi.
The back of the box contains all the marketing details along with product specifications. Most of the marketing tags have already been detailed by us in the “Features” section above. As can be seen, this board is loaded in features. Some important highlights include Dual Intel LAN, 13 Phase Power, and DR.MOS, Hyper BCLK Engine II, Triple Ultra M.2, and Polychrome SYNC RGB.
The motherboard and accessories are packed in separate containers. The accessories box includes two compartments, each of which has different accessories.
There's a good list of accessories included in the ASRock X299 Taichi package. These range from physical to software support disks. All of them are listed below:
- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD
- 4 x SATA Data Cables
- 1 x ASRock SLI_HB_Bridge_2S Card
- 1 x ASRock WiFi 2.4/5 GHz Antenna
- 1 x ASRock Screwdriver
- 3 x Screws for M.2 Sockets
- 3 x Standoffs for M.2 Sockets
Out of the box, the motherboard has a very unique design and layout. The motherboard sticks to the ATX form factor regardless of all the features and additions that ASRock has made to its high-end X299 product.
The ASRock X299 Taichi CLX is the third and last revision to ASRock's X299 Taichi family and its the best one yet. Offering modern aesthetics, the latest feature set which includes USB 3.2 Gen 2 / Gen 1, 2.5GbE LAN, 10 SATA ports, lots of expansion options and a solid VRM which offers up to 720A to the 10th Gen X-series processors, the X299 Taichi CLX is a worthy option to consider if you're building an Intel HEDT setup for yourself.
- Modern aesthetics and design on 3rd Taichi X299 revision
- Solid 13 Phase Digi Power PWM Design
- Excellent Overclocking Capabilities
- Proper XXL Aluminum heatsinks placed over PWM system
- Good Cooling Design With heatpipe implementation
- Dual 8 Pin power connectors for the CPU Socket
- Dual LAN ports including 2.5GbE connectivity
- Wireless module for WIFI 6 and Bluetooth 5.0
- Dual x16 PCIe slots when running a 48/44 Lane CPU
- Triple M.2 Slots
- 10 SATA Ports
- Metal Shielded PCIe slots
- Dual USB 3.2 Gen 2 Ports
- Lots of USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports
- Purity Sound 4 Audio System
- Subtle and not too flashy RGB LEDs
- Very high price ($399.99 US)
- Not the most optimized Software Stack
- M.2 slots share lanes with PCIe slots
- Intel's 10th Gen X-series not that impressive
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.