Razer Forges PC and Android Gaming With The Forge TV Console For Living Rooms – Features Snapdragon 805 Core and Adreno 420 GPU
Razer has announced their latest Forge TV console for living rooms which merges the bridge between PC and Android gaming. The Razer Forge TV is combined with the Razer Cortex that is an ultra fast streaming software along with two bluetooth peripherals, the Razer Serval and Razer Turret. The Seval being an ultra responsive controller to use with the Forge TV while the Turret is a unique lapboard which incorporates a gaming grade keyboard and mouse to be easily used while sitting on a couch.
Android and PC Gaming Merged By Razer In The Latest Razer Forge TV Console
Press Release - Razer Forge TV offers cutting-edge performance with quad-core processing, gaming-grade graphics, industry-leading wireless and network connectivity with 16 GB of internal storage, all packed in a sleek and silent form factor. This micro-console’s powerful hardware easily plays the most popular games from Google Play on a large screen for up to four players.
The Razer Serval, a console-style Bluetooth gaming controller, is able to navigate and play games on Razer Forge TV. The controller is designed by the same Razer engineering team that created the award-winning Razer Sabertooth Xbox controller. With four action buttons, two thumb sticks, and trigger and bumper buttons, the Razer Serval enables play with any controller-ready Android TV game or Android mobile game on-the-go using the device’s phone clip. The versatile gaming controller has the ability to remember up to four unique device pairings, making the switch between the Razer Forge TV, mobile phone, tablet, and PC easy without having to worry about multiple controllers and settings.
Bringing PC Gaming to the living room
The current approaches to playing PC games on a larger screen offer various challenges ranging from cost of additional hardware, game compatibility restrictions, laggy streaming technologies and the perennial problem of addressing the mouse and keyboard user interface issue in the living room
Enter Razer Cortex: Stream, the latest feature to Razer’s popular gaming launcher software used by millions of gamers worldwide, launching into beta in spring 2015. Providing ultra-low latency gaming and up to full-HD resolution with Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection, the proprietary game streaming technology sets the benchmark for streamed PC gaming. Razer Cortex: Stream is hardware agnostic and is compatible with Directx9 games and higher from any publisher.
This is rounded off with the Razer Turret – a wireless living room gaming mouse and lapboard that brings the power of a fully-fledged PC gaming keyboard and mouse in a sleek and ultra-thin form factor that has been designed to fit perfectly on your lap. With its fully anti-ghosted gaming keyboard and high precision 3500 DPI ambidextrous mouse, Razer Turret comes with dual wireless connectivity via Bluetooth 4.0 LE or Wireless 2.4 Ghz that ensures lag free gameplay and compatibility across multiple devices.
“Razer Forge TV is a device that is able to bring together the most popular elements of an entertainment center,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “It powers popular music and movie apps and plays Android TV games that an entire family can enjoy. For the hardcore gaming audience, it will bring PC gaming to the couch. Razer Forge TV is what we see as the future of consoles.”
Users can also interact with Razer Forge TV through their mobile devices, including iOS, Android, ChromeBook, Windows and more. A mobile remote control app is available for easy navigation and supports voice search functionality. Google Cast lets users send the Web, movies, shows and photos from Android or iOS mobile devices or laptops to televisions. Select Android TV games and media progress may be saved and played back on Android smartphones and tablets via a cloud save feature.
Razer’s history includes success blending hardware and software together with its critically acclaimed gaming peripheral and systems products. The company has shipped 13 million connected devices to-date, and close to 4 million people log onto Razer software on a monthly basis.
Razer Forge TV:
Razer Forge TV was built to bring hardcore PC gaming, Android gaming and entertainment to the television. The Razer micro-console opens the gateway for next-level Android TV gaming that is designed for the serious gamer. Intense full-HD graphics combined with the Razer Serval controller provide the detail and precision that is needed to dominate the living room.
Bring your frinds into the action with support for up to four controllers. Powered by a quad-core processor and gaming-grade graphics, the Razer Forge TV makes the most of Android gaming. Pick up your games and movies where you left off when switching between your mobile device and Razer Forge TV.
Explore a massive selection of games, movies, music and apps available on Google Play. Cast your favorite game streams, movies, music, and web content from a mobile device to your Razer Forge TV.
- Price: Razer Store - $99.99 / €99.99
- $149.99 / €149.99 (Forge TV and Serval Controller Bundle)
- Availability: Razerzone.com – Q1 2015
- Android TV gaming and entertainment
- Supports up to four controllers
- Quad-Core gaming performance
- Google Cast Ready
- Massive selection of content and apps
- Voice search via Remote App
- Sleek and silent design
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 805
- Quad-Core Krait 450 CPU - 2.5 GHz per core
- Adreno™ 420 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB storage
- Bluetooth 4.1 + HS
- Wireless 802.11ac 2X2
- Gigabit Ethernet
- USB 3.0
- HDMI 1.4 output
- DC Power
- 4.1 in. (105 mm) Width x 4.1 in. (105 mm) Depth x 0.7 in. (17 mm) Height
The Razer Cortex: Stream app connects to the PC game launcher Razer Cortex and allows for one-click hardcore PC game streaming to any Android TV micro-console. Its proprietary encoding technology was developed specifically for game streaming.
Razer Cortex: Stream sets the streaming benchmark for frames per second and provides ultra-low latency gaming and up to full-HD resolution with a standard Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. Unlike other solutions, Razer Cortex: Stream is compatible with most popular PC brand components and can support Directx9 games and higher from any publisher.
- Price: Included free with:
- The Razer Forge TV and Serval Controller Bundle
- The Razer Serval controller
- The Razer Turret lapboard
Razer Store - $39.99 / €34.99
- Availability: Beta Release – Q2 2015
- Imports PC games library from PC via Razer Cortex
- Intelligently displays controller vs. mouse and keyboard games
- Quickly switch between host PCs
- Supports all Directx9 Games and above
- Streams to any Android TV device running Android 5.0 and higher
- Streams from PC with CPU: Dual-Core or higher, GPU: HD5000 series, GTX580 or higher
Complete with the features of a full-fledged console controller, the Razer Serval elevates your Android gaming experience to a whole new level. Designed for the Razer Forge TV, this Bluetooth enabled gaming controller has been built with the same precision and ergonomics as Razer’s award-winning console controllers.
Together with an adjustable game clip for your mobile phone, the Razer Serval can be used for a multitude of functions, making it the ultimate controller for gaming on your Android devices.
- Price: Razer Store - $79.99 / €79.99
- Availability: Razerzone.com – Q1 2015
- Designed for Android Gaming
- Wireless mode (Bluetooth 3.0)
- Wired mode (1.5 m micro USB to USB)
- 4 Hyperesponse action buttons
- Adjustable game clip
- Player LED indicator
- Android navigation buttons (back and home)
- Media buttons (play/pause, back, forward)
- Rechargeable battery pack (optional)
- 2 Analog stick rubber grip caps included
The Razer Turret puts the power of desktop grade gaming peripherals right in your lap as you play your favorite game titles on the couch. In addition to the undeniable precision achieved by using a keyboard and a mouse, this highly ergonomic lapboard also gives you the power to execute typing commands while you’re gaming or browsing, without having to switch devices constantly.
- Price: Razer Store - $129.99 / €129.99
- Availability: Razerzone.com – Q2 2015
- Anti-ghosting capability for up to 10 simultaneous key presses
- Chiclet styled keycaps
- Dedicated Android buttons
- Cortex quick launch button
- Battery life of up to four months - The life expectancy of this battery depends upon its usage
- Battery type: Li-Po (1500 mAh)
- 3500 DPI laser sensor
- Ambidextrous form factor
- 40 hours battery life for continuous use - The life expectancy of this battery depends upon its usage
- Battery type: Li-Po (1000 mAh)