A new hotfix has been released a few hours ago for PUBG on PC, introducing fixes for select issues.
The March 5th PUBG PC hotfix introduces fixes for some gameplay and visual issues and also tweaks item pick-up quantity default value.
Just letting you know that we've applied some additional hotfixes to live servers.
No server downtime needed, just restart your Steam client to ensure the update has been downloaded.
Fixed tree foliage blocking bullets
Fixed crash related to using throwables in water
Fixed visual issue with door shadows
Item pick-up quantity default is again 1 instead of 0
Last week, a brand new PUBG PC update has been released on live servers, introducing new vehicles for the Vikendi map, new weapons, the Flare Gun item and more.
New Vehicle: Zima
Added a new Vikendi exclusive vehicle, Zima.
- The Zima replaces UAZs on Vikendi.
- It won’t have perfect control on Vikendi’s snowy plains, however the 4×4 Zima is much easier to maneuver compared to other vehicles.
- While the Zima is relatively slow, it has high durability making it ideal for combat situations.
New Vehicle: Snowbike
Added a new Vikendi exclusive vehicle, Snowbike.
- The Snowbike replaces motorbikes on Vikendi.
- What the Snowbike lacks in durability, it makes up for with high speed and great maneuverability.
New Item: Flare Gun
Added a new item, Flare Gun.
- Flare Guns are now available in public matches and can be found as a rare item spawning in the world.
- If you’re lucky enough to find a Flare Gun, fire it directly into the air after the initial blue zone has closed to call in a special care package.
- When firing the Flare Gun inside the current safe zone, you’ll call in a special care package with lots of loot, or an armored UAZ when fired while outside the current safe zone.
- Based on your feedback through our public Flare Gun tests, we’ve made changes to improve the gameplay experience with this item.
- Flare Guns used in the early phase of the game often give a great advantage with little risk, therefore, the Flare Gun will only deliver a care package when used after the first blue zone phase.
- A message will be shown on the UI when a nearby player successfully calls in a special care package with the Flare Gun and an icon indicating the location of the drop will be displayed on the map.
- Calling in an armored UAZ will not display a message on the UI, or be indicated on the map.
- The Flare Gun spawn rate is different on each map.
PUBG is now available on PC as well as on consoles and mobile platforms.