PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne Multiplayer and Alpha Test Stage Details Leaked – Covenant System Explained
Working to expand its latest video game console's software library, Sony has already got some tough exclusive titles set to launch for the PlayStation 4 console next year. One of these games is an all-new action role-playing title, known as Bloodborne, that is set in an unforgiving and unrelenting world, similar to the one that embody Form Software's Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. Presenting the game at Tokyo Game Show 2014, the developer released some important details about Bloodborne recently, but today, a leak has surfaced online bringing forth plenty of new details about the multiplayer, alpha test stage, and covenant system of the game.
Leaked Bloodborne Multiplayer Features Show You Can Summon Friends Via PS4 Friends List - Alpha Version Will Include Co-op Boss Fight
Coming from a developer that is renowned for creating dark and crushing video games, Bloodborne is a PlayStation 4 exclusive title that somewhat possesses the same complexion as Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and takes forward the same core principles that made these two games standout and sell quite pleasantly. Set in a complex gatholic world that is occupied by terrifying, consummate monsters, the game features a high level of graphical fidelity, somewhat similar to the upcoming The Order: 1886.
Sony presented Bloodborne at its Tokyo Game Show 2014 booths and revealed some details about it, including its release date, but no proper word was said about the closed alpha testing phase that will take place just before the official launch of the game. However, today, a leak emerged on the internet throwing light on a bunch of new details about multiplayer mode as well as alpha testing phase and covenant system of the game. Shared on Reddit, this leak comes from the same source via PasteBin that leaked "Project Beast" which was later revealed to be a codename for Bloodborne actually. You can check out all the leaked details below.
- Players will have choice to make early on in the game, their decision will effect multiplayer -
- Decision to infect blood with to different strain of the sickness. There are rewards for choices but also downsides.
- Miyazaki-san wants players to feel the fear of having a disease that could consume them, and take their life. This is a 'hardcore' mode for NG like a 'permadeath'. Players must to collect blood for their Heart. If they loose Heart strength for too long, the sickness consumes them.
- Players must collect Blood Vials and Blood Packs to transfuse their heart health at their Shrine.
- The sickness transforms dead hunters into their worst fear.
- In NG, you may become a boss later in the game if you collect enough blood to strengthen you heart
- You can summon friends via PS4 friendslist
- You can no longer use consumable item for healing if you summon friend for boss battle.
- In some covenant, the sickness is very strong and player can choose to 'consume' his own heart. This is a permanent choice and binds a character to the covenant permanently. You become beast, and new controls and attacks open up. Dead hunters will bind to the world when they die, their bodies becoming a regular 'mini beast' boss enemy within the world like Red Phantom from dark souls.
- Covenant system is not finalized, but some detail I remember. There will be 'huge beasts' in the game. If you defeat them you have a choice to become a host for their strain of the sickness at your Shrine. You must invade other player worlds to collect blood for your beast.
- In NG, The Beast heart will gets stronger from blood and other players will have to fight much harder to kill it. One beast is a giant spider, another is a giant snake.
- ALPHA will be a co-op boss battle, and some simple PVP invasion covenant testing.
Almost all the features revealed above are very much the ones that are often requested by RPG gamers, but before actually considering this true, we would have to wait for an official confirmation, and until then, just take all this with a grain of salt. Bloodborne is set for release in Japan on February 5, 2015, and in North America and Europe on February 6, 2015.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter