PlayStation 5 Release Unlikely in 2018, Pachter Believes; Most Likely to Release in 2020


The PlayStation 5 release is very unlikely to happen later this year, according to Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter.

Earlier today, we reported on the very first PlayStation 5 rumors, which implied that Sony’s next-gen console could launch as soon as this year. We already said that this release frame is “extremely unlikely” due to various reasons, and this view appears to be supported by Pachter.

Related StoryFrancesco De Meo
Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.17 Introduces Variable Refresh Rate and High Frame Rate Support, Balanced Graphics Mode and More

We asked the well-known technology analyst about the possibility of the PS5 releasing this year, and he replied that a release later this year has ”very low probability”. According to Pachter, Sony’s PS4 successor will most likely release in 2020, although a release in 2019 shouldn’t be totally ruled out. “25% [probability] next year and 75% in 2020”, he told us.

Sony released its PS4 console back in 2013, and the enhanced PS4, the PS4 Pro, was released by the end of 2016.

What are your thoughts on this matter? Do you believe the PS5 could launch later this year, and what about its specs? Hit the comments below.

As always, we will keep you updated as soon as we learn more about Sony’s next-gen console.

WccfTech Tv
Filter videos by