New PlayStation 3 3.70 Firmware to bring new features
Sony has more to offer in firmware updates than just security updates, they often bring other neat features with them which really make owning a PS3 worth while an example of these features is Auto Download and Cloud Storage for save games but the deal is about to get even better as Sony is bringing the Auto Syncing of trophies, automatic upload of Save files to the cloud server, but of course like the previous services introduced this is only a PlayStation Plus exclusive deal. You can also download the official Firmware inside the news.
3.70 will come packing with some really great features for those you who want easy navigation of their PS3's, you will no longer have to sync your trophies or saves to the cloud server because 3.70 will do that for you but of course this update isn't open to everyone and is ONLY available to the PlayStation Plus Subscribers free of cost, but considering how well worth PlayStation Plus subscription is I would say that these are some great features to an already great service.
And to make things better Sony is giving a separate XMB slot to video / TV Streaming services called " TV / Video Services" Where your HULU Plus / Netflix and VUDU will go to now. This is of course free to all PS3 users as the 3 video streaming services are all open to the public too
Here is a working link to 3.70 straight from Sony's site and don't worry even though it's a EU site the Firmware file works on PS3's / PSN of all regions. This is for those of you who want to skip the slow download of PSN Update. and to install the file just follow the simple instructions below:
- Create a folder in your USB Flash Drive named "PS3" Without the quotes
- Open "PS3" folder in your USB and create another folder inside named "UPDATE" (yes both names should be in CAPS)
- Now copy the PS3UPDAT .PUP file you just downloaded to the UPDATE folder and power on your PS3
- Plug your USB into the PS3
- Go to settings from your XMB and choose "System Update"
- Choose the "Update via Storage Media button" and voila you are all set.
Here are the complete features of the Firmware upgrade:
- A new auto upload function for online save data back-up will be added to make it easier to back-up your game save data. Under (Game), select the game for which you want to automatically upload saved data, and then press the Triangle button.
- Also, Trophies will now sync automatically at the timing of Auto Download.
A new recommendation function will be added that enables you to share your recommendations for PlayStation Store items, such as games and videos, with PlayStation Network friends. You will be able to send messages with a store link from the product pages within the PlayStation Store.
Due to the increase in video applications being offered on PS3, we are adding a new category on the XMB called TV/Video Services. This category will include video applications such as Netflix, Hulu PLUS, and VUDU.
- You’ll be able to find and download all of the video applications available on PS3 directly from this new XMB category.
- A folder labeled “My Channels” within this category will allow you to easily access your downloaded applications.
- Any videos downloaded from the PlayStation store will continue to be placed in the existing Video category on the XMB
Two updates for all of you enjoying Blu-ray 3D movies on PS3:
- 3D support will now be available when accessing Java-based special features on Blu-Ray
- DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR decoding/bit stream output (or lossless audio) will be supported while playing Blu-ray 3D movies.
- 3D digital photos in MPO format can now be viewed in 3D on the XMB and in the Photo Gallery app.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter