Persona 5 Royal Challenge Mode Revealed; New Footage Released
Persona 5 Royal is going to feature a brand new Challenge Mode which will reward players with rare items.
In the latest Morgana Report video, which can be checked out in full below, it's been confirmed that players will be able to access this Challenge Mode from the Velvet Room. In the mode, players will have to defeat team enemies and they will be rewarded with rare items if they manage to win. The video also showcases new social events and additional features that will be accessible from the Velvet Room, as well as the new title screen and more.
Persona 5 Royal is going to feature not only new content in the form of new social events and new Velvet Room features but also some new gameplay mechanics that expand Baton Touch and more.
- Baton Touch ranks have been introduced.
- Leveling ranks increases the offensive and beneficial effects of the Baton Touch.
- Make full use of skills that cannot be inherently learned by equipping accessories that grant the use of skills.
- Characteristics have been added to each persona in Persona 5 Royal with attributes such as SP consumption for skills decreased, skill damage increased, etc.
- A new cooperative technique called “Show Time” has been introduced.
- “Show Time” is a special performance where teammates combine their strength. As their bonds deepen, they will begin to produce new techniques.
- Makoto Niijima and Haru Okumura’s “Show Time” is a cooperation skill based around female professional wrestling.
Persona 5 Royal launches exclusively on PlayStation 4 next year in North America and Europe. The game launches later this year in Japan.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter