Overwatch Confirmed for Switch, Includes All Current Content and New Motion Controls
It’s been rumored for a while, and requested for even longer, but now it’s official – Overwatch Legendary Edition has been announced for the Switch. The Nintendo port of Overwatch will include all the content included in the PC, Xbox One, and PS4 versions, along with new optional motion controls. The game looks pretty darn good as Blizzard (or whoever they contracted to do the job) has clearly put the work in. You can check out at trailer for the Switch version of Overwatch, below.
Overwatch Legendary Edition puts the definitive version of Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team shooter in Nintendo Switch owners’ hands, complete with the latest content and gameplay updates. Players will select from a roster of 31 vibrant heroes as they face off in a variety of casual and competitive multiplayer modes and battle over map objectives in 28 different locations around the earth (and on the moon). Nintendo Switch gamers also have the option to take control of their heroes in a new way using the console’s built-in gyroscopic motion controls, which let players tilt their console to line up the perfect shot as McCree, pilot D.Va through the air, or quickly turn to deflect incoming projectiles as Genji.
- Play as 31 Unique Heroes – Choose from a diverse and ever-expanding roster of heroes from around the globe. Zip behind enemy lines as time-jumping Tracer; heal your team from afar with elite sniper Ana’s Biotic Rifle; or manipulate gravity as brilliant astrophysicist Sigma, the latest hero to join the fight.
- Battle Across the World With Your Friends – Capture control points, push payloads, and complete objectives across 28 international locations, wherever you have internet access, thanks to the legendary portability of the Nintendo Switch system.
- Join Forces in 6v6 Game Modes – Jump into Quick Play to get matched up against players of similar skill, Play Vs. AI in multiple difficulty settings, or put your skills to the ultimate test in Competitive Play to earn seasonal ranks and rewards.
- Discover New Ways to Play – Explore the Arcade or Game Browser to find matches with unique rulesets. Unleash your creativity in the Workshop and use powerful scripting tools to build elaborate custom games that can be shared and played on any platform.
- And More to Come – Overwatch Legendary Edition on Nintendo Switch will continue to be updated with new content, including the game’s limited-time seasonal modes, gameplay updates, and more.
Overwatch Legendary Edition will set you back $40 and includes 15 skins and a 3-month subscription to Nintendo Switch Online. Those who pre-order the game will also get Widowmaker’s Noir skin, and anybody who plays before December 31 get a free Golden Loot Box containing a legendary item.
Overwatch turns its sight towards on the Nintendo Switch on October 15.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter