NVIDIA Shares 13 Minutes of Watch Dogs 2 PC Gameplay
A 13-minutes long video of Watch Dogs 2 PC gameplay just appeared on NVIDIA's brand new NGN (NVIDIA Gaming Network) YouTube channel.
The video is our first real look at Watch Dogs 2 PC gameplay, after yesterday's brief trailer focused on the GameWorks effects (HBAO+, PCSS, HFTS, TXAA). The description mentions that it was captured on a system featuring a GTX 1080 GPU.
Unfortunately, the footage doesn't provide many other insights into the quality of Watch Dogs 2 PC. We don't know the settings that were used; what we do know is that the video was captured at 1080P and doesn't have a 60FPS option, so we're watching it at 1080P@30FPS, which the GTX 1080 obviously eats for breakfast.
Ubisoft promised a huge slew of options for PC gamers to play with, such as:
• 4K support
• Stuttering/lag framerate optimization – We employed a fix that makes all controls much more responsive and less framerate-related. We’ve optimized resource creation, GPU VRAM upload and required VRAM for the game.
• No FPS cap
• Full SLI/Crossfire support at launch
• Multiple save file support – This feature allows players to have up to three auto save slots for three separate playthroughs.
• Multi-monitor support with borderless mode and advanced settings that allow for customized placement of menu and HUD.
• Multiple windowed mode options – Windowed mode with flexible/resizable windows, multi-monitor borderless.
• NVIDIA Ansel support
Improved Graphic Features
• Screen Space Reflections
• Headlight Shadows – Support for additional shadows from car headlights
• Extra Details Options – Increases the level of detail for all objects in the game, and adds more details to objects in the distance.
Improved Graphics Options
• FOV sliders
• Pixel Density sliders
• Sharpness sliders
• Ultra Textures pack available at launch
• Ambient Occlusion options:
o Ubisoft proprietary ambient occlusion techniques: SSBC and HMSSAO
o NVIDIA's HBAO+, PCSS and HFTS
• Anti-aliasing options:
o NVIDIA's TXAA
o Post Processing Anti-Aliasing options SMAA and FXAA
Improved Keyboard/Mouse controls
• Full adaptation with mouse and keyboard
• We’re using raw mouse input to reduce latency and use the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement by default
• Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped.
• Mouse-centric UI – Any UI screen, menus or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction, so the player can finish any UI task with the mouse only. Everything is clickable and has appropriate button states.
• Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (aim, sprint, walk, inventory, etc.)
• Driving has been adapted to suit the keyboard controls, with adjustable steering sensitivity. Same goes for driving camera sensitivity and auto-centering camera behavior
• On-the-fly switching between mouse and keyboard to gamepad, without any additional options, UI will just switch to gamepad mode
• Supported gamepads: Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, third-party XInput gamepads (everything Xbox-based), PlayStation 4 Controller. We do not officially support Direct Input gamepads, Steam controllers or game wheels.
Watch Dogs 2 PC is out in less than a week, on November 29th, and you can get it for free if you buy a GPU or system with NVIDIA's GTX 1080/GTX 1070 at participating retailers.