NVIDIA Game Ready Driver 416.81 Out Now, Optimized for Battlefield V
NVIDIA has dropped their latest Game Ready driver update (416.81 WHQL) in preparation for the release of Battlefield V, which launches tomorrow for Origin Access Premier subscribers. NVIDIA’s latest drivers of course support new GeForce RTX cards, although Battlefield V’s promised raytracing effects won’t be available at launch. Still, NVIDIA promises the drivers will deliver the best Battlefield V performance, so make sure to nab ‘em before you return to World War II.
Here’s the full rundown of everything included in Game Ready driver update 416.80:
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Battlefield V
- Added support for Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Redstone 5)
- Added support for GeForce RTX 2070, GeForce RTX 2080 /2080 Ti
- NVIDIA Control Panel (3D Settings). Added clarification that the Triple Buffering setting is intended for OpenGL only.
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Divinity: Original Sin II
- Immortal: Unchained
- Jurassic World Evolution
- Seven: The Days Long Gone
Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Elder Scrolls: Online - Good
- Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey - Not recommended
And here’s the usual array of fixes:
- [Windows Defender Application Guard][vGPU][Surround]: Edge Browser with
- Application Guard cannot be opened when Surround is enabled. 
- [Turing GPU]: Multi-monitor idle power draw is very high. 
- [GeForce RTX 2080 Ti][G-Sync]: Blue-screen crash may occur when exiting games
- when using a G-Sync monitor with a non-G-Sync monitor. 
- [GeForce RTX 2080 Ti]: Stuttering occurs with HEVC video playback. 
- [GeForce GTX 970]: When audio playback is paused, audio receiver switches from
- multi-channel to stereo. Increased period from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. 
- [GeForce GTX 1060]AV receiver switches to 2-channel stereo mode after 5 seconds of
- audio idle. 
- [SLI][NVIDIA TITAN X][NVENC]: Recording and streaming of NVENC applications
- do not work. 
- [DirectX 11 games]: Mouse cursor causes FPS to go out of sync with windowed GSync.
- [ARK Survival]: Improved game stability. 
- [Shadow of the Tomb Raider]: Improved game stability. 
- [Witcher 3 Wild Hunt]: Flickering occurs during gameplay. 
- [Monster Hunter World]: Corruption is seen when Volume Rendering is off. 
- [Far Cry 5]: Flickering occurs during gameplay. 
NVIDIA Game Ready Driver 416.81 is available to download right now.
Battlefield V storms onto PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on November 20. Those who buy the Deluxe Edition can play 5 days early on November 15, and Origin Access Premier members can play a whopping 11 days early on November 9.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter