November Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Now Live for 1809, 1803, 1709 & Other Older OS Versions
Windows 10 October 2018 Update may be getting all the attention today but Microsoft has also started rolling out Patch Tuesday updates to various older versions of the operating system. As reported earlier, the company has issued a Windows 10 cumulative update to version 1809 users. Along with that, Microsoft is also sending updates to Windows 10 April 2018 Update, Fall Creators Update, and the original Windows 10 version.
Here are all the Windows 10 cumulative update (KB4467702) details
Windows 10 1809 (Build 17134.407) has received a new update with the following changes. Please note that the default setting issue hasn't be addressed with today's Windows 10 cumulative update.
- Provides protections against an additional subclass of speculative execution side-channel vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639) for AMD-based computers. These protections aren't enabled by default. For Windows client (IT pro) guidance, follow the instructions in KB4073119. For Windows Server guidance, follow the instructions in KB4072698. Use these guidance documents to enable mitigations for Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639). Additionally, use the mitigations that have already been released for Spectre Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715) and Meltdown (CVE-2017-5754).
- Addresses an issue that may prevent developer tools (F12) from starting in Microsoft Edge.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows Scripting, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Graphics, Windows Graphics, Windows Media, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Kernel, and Windows Server.
Updates are also available for version 1809, version 1709 (KB4467686 - Build 16299.785), 1703 (KB4467696 - Build 15063.1446), version 1607 (KB4467691 - Build 14393.2608), and the original Windows 10 version (KB4467680 - Build 10240.18036). Only the November Update (version 1511) hasn't received today's updates.
You can click on "check for updates" to begin installing today's Windows 10 cumulative update available for your machines. These updates are also available for manual download through the Update Catalog.
In the storystream:
- Download Official October 2018 Update ISO Files (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Microsoft Promises to Take a Slower Pace with the Re-Release of October 2018 Update
- Yep! October 2018 Update (Version 1809) Re-Release Officially Begins Today
- Version 1809 Is Here But Can Your PC Run It? (Checklist)
- Get Your PCs Ready Because October 2018 Update Could Drop Today
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter