Nintendo Switch 4.0.1 Firmware Update Now Live, Fixes HDMI Issues And More
Following last week's Nintendo Switch new firmware update, the Japanese company has released a few hours ago yet another update which introduces a fix for a specific issue some users have been experiencing.
The Nintendo Switch 4.0.1 firmware update introduces a fix for HDMI video and audio issues some players have been experiencing since the release of the 4.0.0 firmware. The update also includes other unnamed system stability improvements.
Improvements Included in Version 4.0.1
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
Changed the HDMI connection process specification to match that of version 3.0.2 to address video and sound output issues with some TV models.
The Nintendo Switch 4.0.0 firmware update introduced, among other features, the ability to capture 30 seconds of footage from select games and share it on social networks. Additionally, the update introduced support for the GameCube controller adapter.
Improvements Included in Version 4.0.0 (Distributed 10/18/2017)
Added the following system functionality
- Capture video on select games
- To capture video, hold down the Capture Buttonduring gameplay
- Up to a maximum of the previous 30 seconds will be saved in the Album. You can trim the beginning and end of each clip, and post to Facebook and Twitter.
- As of October 18th, 2017, this feature is compatible with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, and Splatoon 2
- Select from 12 new Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild icons for your user
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Transfer user and save data to another system
- To transfer, head to System Settings > Users > Transfer Your User and Save Data
- Pre-purchase option on Nintendo eShop
- A pre-purchase option will be available for certain games. This option allows pre-load of the game to your system for quicker play when the game is released.
- This feature will be supported by future game releases
News channel updates
- The news feed has been updated with a new look.
- Unfollowing a channel will remove that channel’s content from the news feed and following the channel again will make it reappear.
- Match software version with a group of local users
- To create a group, head to the software’s Options > Software Update > Match Version with Local Users
- Everyone’s software will be updated to match the most recent version in the group
- All users must be on system menu version 4.0.0 or later to view and join a group
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including:
Changed the specification which hid wireless networks using TKIP security from the network search results. Wireless networks using TKIP security will now display in search results as a grayed-out selection instead of not being displayed
The Nintendo Switch console supports WEP, WPA-PSK(AES), and WPA2-PSK(AES). If your router is using a different security type (e.g. WPA-PSK(TKIP)), you will need to change this security type within your router’s settings.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter