Mortal Kombat X – Tanya Coming Early June
Mortal Kombat X released last month with an impressive roster. Recently we got Jason Voorhees joining the ranks of combatants and according to Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon Tanya will soon be koming as well.
The news was shared by ED Boon on Twitter:
— Ed Boon (@noobde) May 24, 2015
No more information on Tanya has been revealed or a specific release date. The long-awaited Predator and Tremor characters are expected to release at a later date, so Tanya will be the only new character for a while.
The latest update for Mortal Kombat X brought a lot of improvements and fixes.
Changelog for Mortal Kombat X Update:
- Added the free Klassic Sub-Zero costume.
- Display drivers should no longer crash during online play.
- A crash will no longer occur after a full rotation of players in the lobby during Round Robin matches.
- Fixed a crash that some users experienced during the first QTE in the story.
- Game no longer crashes when players attempt to join a game through Steam or in a room.
- Fixed startup crash on high-end systems (those with > 8 cores).
- Fixed a crash that would occur during recorded match playback.
- Save data safety check to try to eliminate save data loss.
- Fix to prevent save game data from being corrupted while closing the game.
- Walk away animations now appear at the end of the character selection process.
- The levers in Shao Khan’s Tomb will now activate.
- Shinnok’s Flick Trick Fatality no longer experiences a significant framerate drop.
- Functionality is no longer lost while watching a match replay.
- Pre-game lobbies will populate 10 players into Faction Battle matches.
- Kombat Kards will now display correct Icons, Backgrounds, and Borders in a KOTH match.
- Fatality inputs no longer change into QTE inputs during in Online Tower Battles.
- Game no longer desynchronizes when a player selects a character that their opponent has not unlocked.
- D’Vorah’s cape no longer moves when she’s killed.
- Game no longer freezes when opponent in online closes the game.
- Title remains responsive while story cinematics are loading.
- Fixed leaderboards and kombat kards not updating past the top players.
- After entering Replays with the controller the Player can use the keyboard when watching a replay from an online match.
- Loading screens now display before progress bar fills up.
- Diagonal arrows are shown instead of keys when Alternate Control is enabled.
- Sometimes saving a Custom1 preset displayed as being saved for Custom1-4 in the character select and pause menu controls screens.
- The UI arrows will now switch sides on a tagged move when the character switched position with his opponent.
- Chat room names will now display properly (instead of SteamIDs.)
- Fixed input callouts when switching between keyboard and USB controller after entering a KOTH match.
- Additional graphical fidelity options.
- General Matchmaking improvements.
- Performance improvements
- Improved online stability
- Multiplayer invite improvements
- Gameplay fixes and balancing
- Various Kombat Kard fixes
- WB Play fixes
- General bug fixesA
Mortal Kombat X is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.