Mirage: Arcane Warfare Vigilist is all About Submission
Sometimes, you just need to grab life by the collar. Torn Banner Studios released a trailer highlighting another magical fighter for the fantasy multiplayer first-person shooter, Mirage: Arcane Warfare.
Mirage: Arcane Warfare comes from the team who created Chivalry: Medieval Warfare which was praised for its visceral close-quarters combat. Mirage mixes things up with the addition of offensive and defensive spells in a fantasy world with ancient Persian and Arabic influences.
The video series called 'Instruments of Death' which highlights Mirage's roster of mystical fighters, shows off The Vigilist's set of defensive abilities.
- Ward Strike: Fire a magical shield that staggers enemies on contact
- Disperse: Rise above the battlefield before slamming back into the ground, pushing back any nearby enemies
- Surge: Summon a massive wave that knocks down any target in its path
- Iron Dome: Spawn a protective shield bubble around yourself
- Impaler: Stab forward with a magically lengthened spear, pulling enemies back towards you
At launch, Mirage will launch with six classes who's appearances can be customized. Here's a bit of background for each class:
- Vypress – An elusive and agile assassin that uses her mobility and speed to cut foes down
- Alchemancer – Powerful mage that relies solely on the devastating power and capabilities of his magic
- Taurant– Hulking brute that excels at melee and uses his size and physical strength to dominate enemies upclose
- Tinker – Defensive trap specialist that uses her cunning and wit to defeat larger opponents.
- Vigilist– Stalwart defender that supports her teammates with her control over the battlefield and knock around capabilities
- Entropic – Staff wielding hybrid that has a magic carpet and a mixture of offensive and support capabilities
Mirage: Arcane Warfare is set to release on PC later this year. Players can sign up for future betas right here.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter