Microsoft Fixes Windows 10 April 2018 Issues with Intel and Toshiba SSDs – Advises Users to Wait
Microsoft has released a second cumulative update for Windows 10 April 2018 Update machines. The latest build follows 17134.48, which was released on Patch Tuesday. This latest Windows 10 April 2018 Update cumulative build brings fixes for the issues with Intel and Toshiba SSDs.
While Microsoft says that KB4100403 resolves the issue affecting certain Intel SSDs that would get stuck on a UEFI screen or stop working, it is still recommending users to wait a little longer. The company will include this latest fix into the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, after which it will be offered to users. However, advanced users can manually check for updates to install Windows 10 version 1803 starting from Friday.
As for Toshiba, advanced users can manually download this latest update. However, the company continues to advise users of Toshiba XG4 Series, Toshiba XG5 Series, or Toshiba BG3 Series SSDs to wait until it offers the update with fixes included in the OS on the next Patch Tuesday in June. More details are available here under the "Known issues in this update" section.
Windows 10 April 2018 Update 17134.81 (KB4100403) changelog
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue in Internet Explorer that might cause communication between web workers to fail in certain asynchronous scenarios with multiple visits to a web page.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses an issue where closed-caption settings are preserved after upgrade.
- Addresses a reliability issue that may cause Microsoft Edge or other applications to stop responding when you create a new audio endpoint while audio or video playback is starting.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Windows Hello enrollment to fail on certain hardware that has dGPUs.
- Addresses an issue with power regression on systems with NVMe devices from certain vendors.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.