Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update 1.2 for Nintendo Switch is Now Available; Patch Notes Inside
Nintendo has made Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update 1.2 available for the Nintendo Switch, which offers various fixes and improvements.
The patch aims to address communication errors that occurred while spectating or after spectating online matches, but also adds race rules and course names to the game’s loading screen for online and wireless games. You’ll find the full patch notes for update 1.2 down below:
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was released back in April of this year, and the game has been selling extremely well ever since.
News Source: Nintendo