Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Releases April 28; Runs At 1080p Docked & Features New Modes/ Tracks/Characters
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch will release on April 28 and won’t be just a simple remaster.
Nintendo didn’t really highlight its new Mario Kart installment on the Switch, but the official press release reveals some interesting info. Aside from all Mario Kart 8 DLC, characters, and tracks, the Switch version will include new game modes, tracks, and new characters.
“Hit the road with the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 and play anytime, anywhere! Race your friends or battle them in a revised battle-mode on new and returning battle courses. Play locally in up to 4-player multiplayer in 1080p while playing in TV Mode. Every track from the Wii U version, including DLC, makes a glorious return. Plus, the inklings appear as all-new guest characters, along with returning favorites, such as King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.!”, reads the official Mario Kart 8 Deluxe fact sheet.
The following new features will be included with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch:
- New Battle Modes: Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast
- New Characters, including Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.
- New Courses, including Urchin Underpass, Battle Stadium, GCN Luigi’s Mansion, and SNES Battle Course 1
- New Smart steering feature on 200cc for novices and kids
- Three new Splatoon inspired vehicles will be added
- In a race, players can now carry two items at once in a race
- New items added, including Boo, the item stealing ghost, and the Feather.
When docked, the racer will render in 1080p, implying a lower resolution when playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in portable mode.
We’ve included a fresh batch of screenshots down below, check them out.
Mario Kart Deluxe 8 launches on April 28 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.